MILEAGE CHARTS

TC Mike

revernd will post a link to his mileages i am sure. i'll try to do my best for what you are looking for.

SAULT TO CHAPLEAU approx 240 miles

CHAPLEAU TO HORNPAYNE approx 220 miles

HORNPAYNE TO HEARST approx 105 miles

HEARST TO DUBREUILVILLE approx 205 miles (depending on the long or short side of the loop) i gave the long side mileage.

DUB TO SAULT approx 260 miles

i have given you a cushion of more miles but those are what you should consider for time/miles on the trail. ski

FYI

Copied from revrnd's signature

Accommodations Online:

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/ontario/ ... /index.php

THANKS SKIDOOBOY

THAT LOOP LOOKS VERY DOABLE. EVEN A LITTLE PLAY TIME IN THERE.

NOW I HAVE TO HOPE FOR LODGING IN THOSE AREAS.

ALSO I NEED A PHONE NO. TO THE HERITAGE INN

THANKS AGAIN

24 Pine Street Box #430

Dubreuilville,Ontario,Canada

P0S-1B0

kkhan1425@msn.com

Toll Free Booking: 1-888-884-2252

Main number:1-705-884-2252

Fax:1-705-884-1111

Restaurant/Bar: 1-705-884-2848

or click on:

THANKS SKIDOOBOY

THANKS AGAIN

24 Pine Street Box #430

P0S-1B0

kkhan1425@msn.com

or click on:

ARE THEY OPEN AND O.K. PLACE TO STAY 1 NIGHT ?????

THANKS SKIDOOBOY

THANKS AGAIN

24 Pine Street Box #430

P0S-1B0

kkhan1425@msn.com

or click on:

ARE THEY OPEN AND O.K. PLACE TO STAY 1 NIGHT ?????

Last time we stayed there was 2 years ago. No hesitation to stay there again.

It's on TOP F & Martel Rd. 40 rooms, LLBO rest., 2 hot tubs, gas across the street,

705-864-1313, or 877-366-8546

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP ON THIS TRIP.

ROOMS ARE BOOKED AND WE ARE READY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!

2ND WEEKEND IN MARCH !!!!!!

PLEASE "SNOW GODS" BE NICE TO US THIS YEAR !!!!!!!!!!

DAY 1 SEARCHMONT TO CHAPLEAU "FLAME LAKE LODGE"

DAY 2 CHAPLEAU "FLAME LAKE LODGE" TO DUB,VILLE

DAY 3 DUB,VILLE

DAY 4 DUB,VILLE

DAY 5 DUB,VILLE TO SEARCHMONT

THIS GIVES US 3 DAYS TO PLAY AROUND THE DUB,VILLE, WAWA, HORNPAYNE

AND BEST OF ALL A COUPLE TIMES AROUND THE (100 MILE LOOP)

The mileage list is available here:

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78127&hl=motel

For some reason the accommodations page won't open.

Just so you realize, Flame Lake Lodge is about 100km south of Chapleau by trail I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

The motel & mileage lists are back online as a zip file. Here's the link:

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=550300#post550300

We're hoping to get it back as it was w/ the old site software where you could jump alphabetically in the lists.

tc, you gonna be up there this weekend? what dates? we'll be in hornepayne riding offtrail 7-11th. revman007 (jerry) will be running a similar loop as you. but staying in wawa. they will be at flame lake lodge tomorrow night if i am not mistaken.

saturday sunday and monday we will be riding from the centre inn at hornepayne everyday. 2 fx nytro mtx's (one yellow one blue) and a apex mountain with a yeti driving it. say hi, or if you like the deep and can get unstuck on your own, tag along. ski

OFF TOPIC

Have you stayed at the Centre Inn before? We stopped there for lunch last week and it looked to me that it might be an interesting place to stay. Indoor sled storage and in the centre of shops/stores/etc.

What's it like? Lodging, meals, pricing, etc. Or, if you haven't stayed there before, please let us know what you think of the place after this trip.

Thanks Ski, much appreciated!

I've stayed @ the Centre Inn a few times now. 2006 being the most recent. Nice place & easy to get to from the trail.

I don't know what you mean about indoor storage. We've always parked in front of the main entrance. The closest places that I know that have indoor storage to there are the Companion in Hearst & Valentine's in Chapleau.

I've stayed @ the Centre Inn a few times now. 2006 being the most recent. Nice place & easy to get to from the trail.

I don't know what you mean about indoor storage. We've always parked in front of the main entrance. The closest places that I know that have indoor storage to there are the Companion in Hearst & Valentine's in Chapleau.

In the brochure I read they were advertising indoor storage for machines. Given the latitude, I thought that was a good feature.

What are the rooms/prices like ? Are all meals taken in Craig's Place ? or is there another restaurant for overnight guests as well ?

like rev said, the companion has indoor storage, the centre inn at hornepayne does not. (been staying there for 10 years). there are a few dining options in town but you will have to taxi to them or ride the sled. johnny's has billiards and good pizza, 4 stevens has home cooked meals as well. craigs has great food, good wings and pizza, ribs, pasta, steaks ect... if you get a chance order a deep fried apple or bannana fritter. comes ala mode enough for two people. wow, i'll be having an apple one in about 72 hours. LOL! cant wait.

it is a great place to stay for sure, everything is pretty much available right at the mall. convenience store, lcbo, bank, post office, resto, bar, swimming pool (when available by schedule from the school which is also in the mall), sorry no hot tub, library, department store (northern store).

easy access from the trail, easy access to trails and fuel. room rates are comparable to the region. the showers will take the skin right off you, awesome water pressure. the heat is by boiler so it usually is very hot and you have to sleep with the windows open or cracked.

they cater to sledders and will bend over backwards to make sure you are taken care of. ski

everything is pretty much available right at the mall. convenience store, lcbo, bank, post office, resto, bar, swimming pool (when available by schedule from the school which is also in the mall), sorry no hot tub, library, department store (northern store).

LCBO was closed Sundays & Monday when we were there. So plan your shopping accordingly.

everything is pretty much available right at the mall. convenience store, lcbo, bank, post office, resto, bar, swimming pool (when available by schedule from the school which is also in the mall), sorry no hot tub, library, department store (northern store).

LCBO was closed Sundays & Monday when we were there. So plan your shopping accordingly.

Good warning. Those are also their current days of closing.

Archived