trail to waubaushene

white dragon

anybody know if they are goin to open the old railbed from coldwater to waubaushene....thought i heard this rumor....wife just pointed out i read in odsc fall news letter...night before....o boy

Now that would be great! Haven't heard anything, however.

The trans Canada trail is being extended from Coldwater to Waubashene but that doesn't mean sleds will be allowed on it. The old trail south of Hwy 12 from Waubashene toward Midland got paved as part of that trail system. Great for the folks in summer. It sees a lot more use especially by cyclists. When they paved it the sleds came off. The local club built a trail to parallel it. Hopefully the same can apply to the section from Coldwater to Waubashene. As it stands now crossing the bridge over the 400 at the south end of Coldwater is a killer. Heck even getting to the bridge is tough.

Scrape, Slide, Skid, Rollover; Always a challenge !

You can lead!

I wasn't on that trip, but the stories were hilarious.

As for Coldwater, agree that the 400 overpass is tough.

Wonder if there's a 'local knowledge' route to the west, that somehow gets you to Waub. or Midland?

The only way I know to get to the other side of the 400 is to go down south near Horseshoe Valley and then come across and up the south side of Mount St.Louis. The road is too steep so they don't plow it in winter. You then run across behind the ski hill and head north to tie in to the trail to Midland. Real long way to go. If the MTO just plowed the Coldwater bridge over the 400 it wouldn't be bad but they actually have front end loaders scoop up the snow and dump it over the bridge into the grass between the north and south bound lanes.

I spoke with the President of ODSC at the sled show , he mentioned the club is lobbying Tay township to have permission granted to use this section ...

The Baxter Snow Riders groom the C-trail to the railbed , and mentioned that if needed our club would support this venture ...

Lets hope ODSC can make this happen , it would certainly make for better and safer route of travel ....

So the trail(Rail way bed, that comes off of Lake Couch, and runs into Coldwater(arena parking lot) is still ok? i have to agree from there and over the 400 SUCKS. Bit of road running, but oh well...

The Railbed from Couch to Coldwater is uneffected !

yes that trail is fine...

Archived