ODSC update

BlakeBouch

Well, we're getting there!!! It's Coming!!!

We're just getting some dates together to get out there and get some trails prepped, so if you want to add your name to the email list, just let me know, or check the events calendar section!!

We had a small delay for updates during the newsletter season, but we should be all set to carry on from here!!!

Yes the newsletters are all in the mail, it's our usual 12 pager, feel free to check it out online here if you just can't wait for it to arrive in the mailbox!!!

Next meeting is this Thursday, Nov 3rd at 7:30pm. By all means you are more then welcome, come on out and say hello!!!

For the ODSC Just to let you guys Know I will be providing up to date trail conditions a few times a week during the season with up to date grooming info for each trail.

For the ODSC Just to let you guys Know I will be providing up to date trail conditions a few times a week during the season with up to date grooming info for each trail.

Terrific News, thanks very much !

Thanks Rushrider! I'm sure we will see eachother out there this season.

just read thru the newsletter...good news for trails in orillia..b trail.is getting better every year

Yes It is getting better every year. The newsletter is absoulutely jam packed with great info about the club. A lot of credit needs to go out to the president Rob love on the work he did to make this happen

We're at the Orillia Sqr Mall this weekend, Nov 12/13th, come on out and see the groomer, grab a permit and map and have a chat!!!

Here are some trail dates so far for work crews required: So if you have some time, come on out and give us a hand!!!

Here are some of the preliminary dates for trail clearing!!

I'll get some further details up, and some better map points, but by all means, mark your calendars and come on out!!!!

B205C Mike W. Britton B., Mount St Louis, (GPS Location 44.642155, -79.683201)

Sat Nov 12th, 9:30am-3pm, meet at the trail access on the 6th Line, just south of Moonstone Rd West (at the top of Mt St Louis Moonstone). Park on the side of the road and gather up to head inwards along the trail towards the 7th Concession.

Sun Nov 13th, 9:30am-mid-afternoon, meet at the trail access point at the 8th Line and walk south westerly back towards ValleyView Dr

(GPS Location 44.650643, -79.662620)

Bring a comfortable pair of boots and a good sense of humour and come on out and hang out with some new friends for the day!

201, Matt Kerr, Nov 19th, meet at the 8th Line of Oro-Medonte and Bass Lake Side Rd at 9:30am

Needs large brushing Crew

Bass Lake SideRd, 7th to the 8th

Simcoe County Forest area

Brush Saw and Pole Saw required, supplied by the club,

We need some people to help clear the cut brush off the trail

201, 5th Line and Horseshoe Valley Rd, low brush needs clearing

208, East Side, Gord, Sat Nov 26th, Meet at the Hawthorne Grill at 9:30am

General Trail brushing, bring a pair of boots and some helping hands!!

203, Carl and Don E., End of November TBA, meeting place TBA

Brush along Bass Lake Side Road, from Old Barrie Rd/11th

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, just found this forum and I live in Warminster. I'd like to help out any way if possible though I know it's getting late in the season for trail prep.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information on here so please visit often and don't be afraid to jump in.

I can't speak for ODSC but I would expect that, like most other clubs, there is still work that they can use you for. You will probable hear from someone soon.

Damn, just found this forum and I live in Warminster. I'd like to help out any way if possible though I know it's getting late in the season for trail prep.

Welcome. That's awesome that you want to help out. Talk to Sue Britton to get involved. Also, you could go to there next meeting at the Brian Orser arena. (There next meeting is tomorrow)

You might be just the rider for 'local knowledge', lol.

When the Yutoff/Coldwater trail ends (heading towards Simcoe) I now continue onto Lake Simcoe.

If you turn right, it puts you into the area with new subdivisions and Wal-Mart (actually, old Wal-Mart now) . Is there a safe way to cross over Hwy 11 if you turn right (south) off Yutoff / Coldwater trail?

I've often thought about cutting back towards Warminster, then further south ... but don't know if the trails in there get a regular grooming, etc.

Any input greatly appreciated.

PS - Welcome to the forum.

Now earn your keep :D

(swearing is not allowed, lol)

When the Yutoff/Coldwater trail ends (heading towards Simcoe) I now continue onto Lake Simcoe.

If you turn right, it puts you into the area with new subdivisions and Wal-Mart (actually, old Wal-Mart now) . Is there a safe way to cross over Hwy 11 if you turn right (south) off Yutoff / Coldwater trail?

I've often thought about cutting back towards Warminster, then further south ... but don't know if the trails in there get a regular grooming, etc.

I'm not to sure where your talking about.

I know where the old wall mart and home depot and stuff like that is. I go past there every day.

4e33569d.png

the only way to cross is the end of uthoff trail (b105) when it goes under the hi way to the lake....no other save way...use to be small tunnel from wal mart to hi way mann inn...had to hold windsheild down & lay back...75 ft long....was like bad dream...now closed

Thanks guys.

There's always the big scrape over why 11, lol

No big scrape across hwy. 11 anymore.MTO has put a median guard rail between the north and southbound lanes and has put

fences up on the outside of the hwy. on both sides.As white dragon says,take b105c to lake Couchiching to the orillia city trail to

b112( oro railine).You can take the B trail across hwy.12, west of walmart and follow that to trail 203 and cross hwy.11 at

Hawkestone to the b112.You can take the 204 lake trail to lake Couchiching then down to the orillia city trail as well.

hope this helps

hey cc when are you guys working on bass lk trail & oro trail....would like to help as it is my riding area

ODSC Trail Work

Saturday Dec. 3

9:30am

Meet at Bass Lake Sideroad and 11th Line of Oro ('T' at 203 and B trails)

ODSC Trail Work

Saturday Dec. 3

9:30am

Meet at Bass Lake Sideroad and 11th Line of Oro ('T' at 203 and B trails)

1st welcome to oc...2nd thx for update...

1st welcome to oc...2nd thx for update...

Absolutely ! Welcome to OC there ORO GUY !!! glad to have you join. Lots of stuff here for the sledhead looking for info !

Ahd thanks for the work on the OD trails. Every year getting better ! The club is working closely with town council and showing everyone how to partner with municipal government.

Archived