**Warning** Magpie reservoir

Big Reg

Please take caution when ridding on the reservoir.

The water level have started to go down

That mean will see some big Humps or other defect on the ice.

we will go back this week to inspect our maker too see if we need to move some.

Hey Big Reg,

Great post. For the people visiting the area they might not know that there are things that poke up there when the water goes down. I have never been to the Magpie, but I do know, because of your posts, that I will be EXTREMELY cautious if I am ever fortunate enough to come to your area.

For those that don't remeber, or didn't hear, this is where/why the gentleman was hurt real bad a couple years ago.

I think that was the ride where GG, LMV and others were there. Oh, and cabbage soup and chocolate milk. :shock::puke:

A few years ago I rode the Magpie after the level dropped and boy it was amazing what you could see from when the ice was higher.

Ride Safe!

I'm going to beat this horse too. There is nothing better than running WOT for 19 miles down the Magpie. I've won more beers, had more bragging rights, and proved many points with my GPS on the Magpie, but you have to watch it VERY CAREFULLY!!!!

We are not talking about little heaves and bumps. We are talking about huge chunks, mushrooms (GroomerGuy, post your pix), and all sorts of fun stuff. It is still a great ride, but slow down a bit until you know what may be in front of you. I saw the sled after the accident last year. He got lucky.

Hey Luc.. Do you have any of thse magpie ice mushrooms? I still shutter when I think of Rene's accident. How is he now?

Is there ice fishing on the magpie too? See ya at the end of the month (I hope).. Lock up your daughters, LMV is coming to town :wavey::wavey:

my recomendation to riders is don't ride the magpie unless it's a nice clear day take the trail, I know the river very well and i have been launched big time myself. It is a different ride for most if its' a nice day though.

This is GGuys pic. I have never seen the mushrooms before, but I DID come acrost a major upheaval one late afternoon near dusk and couldn't focus on it untill I was RIGHT there. I would HIGHLY recommend that you run the length of it to check before you run it hard!

MagpieRiverMushroomRev.jpg

Archived