Kahshe Lake to Orillia

14 snow

We decided to head south today. We rode some roads to pick up ODSC's section of the B trail south of Sedowa. B was in good shape out to the Hawthorne Grill. Once we headed down the road to B, we were held up (as were about 20 others) as CN was laying out track. As we headed back into the bush, we came across the first "hole" the same hole where the Leatherdale Rental sank 2 weeks ago. This area has ice rings around the trees about 18" to 2' above the current level. We ran right through it. There is another section of closed trail just before Monk Road but signed a detour in place along Monk Road. (Thanks!) the rest of the way to Couch was in great shape.

Visibility was impaired by snow as we crossed Counch. Couch is also slushy in spots due to the amount of snow. Lunch at Webers in Orillia (great food and service) since the Zoo no longer serves food.

The trek up the lake to 204 was similar to the ride in, snowy and slushy at times.

204 up to Snowcrest 15 was so so. Bumby and in need of grooming. 15 needs more grooming attention....but that's another story. At Kilworthy Road we opted for the shorter road ride back home.

All in all, a good day but a bit wet due to the wet snow all day. ODSC trails were in better shape that the Snowcrest sections but all trails were better that 2 weeks ago when we ran it previously.

... as we crossed Counch.

Bumby and in need of grooming.

Obviously posted AFTER the Happy Hour :P :P

Definitely a good time for spell check!

Made perfect sense to me and how I would have describe parts of trails on Saturday :)

Oxford Concise Dictionary of Snowmobiling:

Bumby - adjective - a trail condition which describes surface as bouncy, but not approaching sharp seat contact of mogul conditions. Bumby level indicated by degree of travel and medium contact between machine seat and rider's butt.

Snirt -1. noun - mixture of soil and snow.

2. noun - small reclusive mammal sometimes seen in

tree branches in trail pictures.

Possum family.

Made perfect sense to me and how I would have describe parts of trails on Saturday :)

Oxford Concise Dictionary of Snowmobiling:

Bumby - adjective - a trail condition which describes surface as bouncy, but not approaching sharp seat contact of mogul conditions. Bumby level indicated by degree of travel and medium contact between machine seat and rider's butt.

Snirt -1. noun - mixture of soil and snow.

2. noun - small reclusive mammal sometimes seen in

tree branches in trail pictures.

Possum family.

:rotflmao:

:wavey:

Archived