POLL: Do you volunteer?

Domino

Volunteers on OC  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you volunteer your time in any way to our Trails and/or the Administration?

• YES, every Year
    • YES, when I can, but not every year
    • NO, my club will not return my calls
    • NO, I buy a permit and don;t think I need to help
    • NO, I just don;t have the time and/or ability
    • I share my experience by way of the Internet to help others have happy trails.
  2. 2. How many hours per year you volunteer for Ontario Snowmobiling?

We often find ourselves, here on Ontario Conditions, chastised for bashing volunteers. I think that our relaxed fun attitude and bantering often give people the wrong impression. Clearly, all the ONTARIO trail volunteers must be on Freedom Sledder or Hard Core Sledder forums. :roll:

Permit buyers have the right to provide feedback to their clubs. This does not mean that they don't appreciate the efforts of the club's volunteers. Many us know what it takes to give up time with Family and Friends to help open trails just to see some asshat plow around the trail through the powder, run over a tree and then get stuck. We are all frustrated by the loss of trails due to these type of people.

So, let's get it on record!!

8-)

Someone just joining the forum might not get the sarcasim that is sometimes thrown around in here. We need an insert sarcasim smiley.

Someone just joining the forum might not get the sarcasim that is sometimes thrown around in here. We need an insert sarcasim smiley.

Will none of these do???

:-P:tongue::sarcasm_on-1:

Your poll opens with the same false premise others bring in, which is that only those who volunteer to drive stakes in the ground are the only true volunteers.

Taking the time to post a trip report to assist others in their ride planning, for example, is volunteering and a service valued by many. I know I've planned many enjoyable rides based on the hard work of others detailing their reports. Yes, someone still has to build and maintain the trails, but it takes volunteers of all shapes and sizes to make the trails what they are. I find it unfortunate that so many volunteers go unrecognized for their efforts because the work they do is "not good enough" for some.

I hope that one day we can get past the "us" vs. "them" mentality and recognize the contributions, big or small, by each and every person.

Someone just joining the forum might not get the sarcasim that is sometimes thrown around in here.

Why is that? If it is posted on the internet, it is sarcasm by default. Maybe we need a :serious: emoticon on the incredibly rare chance that someone really is being serious. ;)

Didnot see them until now. Maybe they should be used more? :poke2:

I get out and help out as much as I can. I work part time during the week and have college on the week ends but anytime I have a few hrs to spend ill head out and brush some trails or work on recording accurate mileage for the signs while I ride. I find the coordinator is very good at directing and letting me know what needs to be done.

I caught on to the sarcasm fairly quickly when i first started reading here :right_on:

Your poll opens with the same false premise others bring in, which is that only those who volunteer to drive stakes in the ground are the only true volunteers.

Taking the time to post a trip report to assist others in their ride planning, for example, is volunteering and a service valued by many. I know I've planned many enjoyable rides based on the hard work of others detailing their reports. Yes, someone still has to build and maintain the trails, but it takes volunteers of all shapes and sizes to make the trails what they are. I find it unfortunate that so many volunteers go unrecognized for their efforts because the work they do is "not good enough" for some.

I hope that one day we can get past the "us" vs. "them" mentality and recognize the contributions, big or small, by each and every person.

Why is that? If it is posted on the internet, it is sarcasm by default. Maybe we need a :serious: emoticon on the incredibly rare chance that someone really is being serious. ;)

OK, I added an answer for you on the poll. :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right about the "us and them". We have a "group" that faithfully attend meetings and offer assistance as required. We then have a group that are there for "work weekends" but have no interest in meetings. That's very fair. We also have the "been there, done that" group that were instrumental in establishing our trail system many years ago. My next door neighbour is a prime example of this. He's a mason by trade in the 3 seasons and a snowplow guy in the 4th. I fully respect all of the years he gave to make the trails what they are today.

I for one suffer from OCD and volunteer because I enjoy it. I'm semi retired and have the time and the toys but fully realize that I'm the exception not the normal. Many sledders are juggling work/family and other obligations.

And having said that, I'm also the first to laugh at myself.

You are so right on this one, that is for sure, I have the emails to prove it, but oh well, I have broad shoulders B):)

The OFSC hires "volounteers" to go to sled site forums like this and straighten everything out :phonecall: before runours get out of hand :-o

Will none of these do???

:-P:tongue::sarcasm_on-1:

How about these?

sarcasm.gifsarcasm2.gif

The OFSC hires "volounteers" to go to sled site forums like this and straighten everything out :phonecall: before runours get out of hand :-o

Hey Jay. Where did you hear that rumour? lol......

Someone is getting paid by the OFSC to post? I had no idea there was such a job.. I would like to do that too.. Where do I apply?

Hey Jay. Where did you hear that rumour? lol......

Someone is getting paid by the OFSC to post? I had no idea there was such a job.. I would like to do that too.. Where do I apply?

Ask Nutter :rotflmao:

Hello Nutter?

I am suppose to ask you where I can send my application for the snowmobile forum posting job.. I have lots of experience...

Is it a salary job or paid per posting?

Thanks in advance.. :)

$2.54hr :poke2:

I gather you never seen or read the accusation I was hired by the OFSC to rat people out on HCS. Some poor chap accused me of that 2 weeks ago on FS :crazy_grn:

Did they outsource the job to India?

Nope Vaughn :rotflmao:

I gather you never seen or read the accusation I was hired by the OFSC to rat people out on HCS. Some poor chap accused me of that 2 weeks ago on FS :crazy_grn:

Nope never heard that rumour. But it's nice to see you are still a main poster that idiot/losers make stories up about.. I remember hearing rumuor about myself :rotflmao:

Like one lowlife told everyone the first time he met me I was so drunk I kept falling off my sled.. When I met him at early in the morning, I have a coffee and then went for a ride (with no drinking the night before).. People like making up stories, it makes them feel important... I don't thnk the OFSC would care what anyone said or did on HCS lol...

Damn you got me excited lol...

I am suppose to ask you where I can send my application for the snowmobile forum posting job.. I have lots of experience...

You have to motion your local club. If they like your proposal, they will forward your request to the next meeting where they will hold a vote. If the vote passes, your application will be sent to the AGM where they will vote again. If accepted at that level, the district manager of the club who received the original motion will pass the results on via a messenger. The messenger will arrive on your doorstep wearing an orange vest atop a snowmobile to deliver the "Official OFSC Internet Manual" in bound hardcover form.

Sorry LMV, but if you really had to ask, you are already out of the running. This stuff should be as familiar as the back of your hand. :rotflmao:

You have to motion your local club. If they like your proposal, they will forward your request to the next meeting where they will hold a vote. If the vote passes, your application will be sent to the AGM where they will vote again. If accepted at that level, the district manager of the club who received the original motion will pass the results on via a messenger. The messenger will be wearing an orange vest who will arrive on snowmobile to your doorstep to deliver the "Official OFSC Internet Manual" in bound hardcover form.

Sorry LMV, but if you really had to ask, you are already out of the running. :rotflmao:

:icon_photo: say cheese

Sorry LMV, but if you really had to ask, you are already out of the running. :rotflmao:

Ya Adam... I figured that out 10 years ago.. That's why I created this forum.. If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself :)

With alot of help from my friends...

Archived