Get out and ride while u can

steveo

Get out and ride while you can guy's. The weather forecast doesn't look good for this week, rain and warm. I think we need a day or 2 of milder temps but with the rain and no base its not looking good. What do you guys think?

Get out and ride while you can guy's. The weather forecast doesn't look good for this week, rain and warm. I think we need a day or 2 of milder temps but with the rain and no base its not looking good. What do you guys think?

I think your a buzz killer sheeeesh :poke2:

lets hope the weather changes...as it so often does...& do some night riding next few days...

Its +3° and better starting Tuesday and than +6° and rain by Thursday here.

14 day is showing back down around -4° with overnight lows of -10° starting next weekend. So hopefully the rain and warm weather will keep people off the trails until the cold comes back and hardends everything back up. Which should give us a nice base for that late Feburday early March storm.

With the warm weather this week, that only give us 4 maybe 5 weeks left to ride, unless winter really kicks it up in March, which is has before. But just incase you better get out and enjoy it now well you can.

Went out for a little ride today, maybe 20 km (Mostly road) because the lake in my area is screwed. Tons of slush and without a packed down trail I'm forced to run roads to the trails. Anyways surprisingly the trails weren't bad at all, after a fresh groom last night it packed it down nicely. It's soft but decent! The cops were doing radar on the C101D @ the James St crossing and checking for insurance/licenses/ownership/stickers..... had to turn around at Gull lake park because the old girl was running a wee bit too hot considering the temp is at +2 right now. Oh well one good thing about it by Monday night were back down to -10 at night which will harden things up nicely and tuesday only being -7 I just might beable to run the bay again :-D

This should be a interesting week...

:coffeenose:

This should be a interesting week...

:coffeenose:

Please keep the posts coming daily so we know whether it is worth coming up for a few days during the week this week.

Thanks again for all your hard work and accurate trail conditions. :coffeenose:

Do You guys think that the trails will hold up for the weekend

Please keep the posts coming daily so we know whether it is worth coming up for a few days during the week this week.

Thanks again for all your hard work and accurate trail conditions. :coffeenose:

Will do!

I dident get to ride much today only about 40kms. Trails were starting to take a beating. I can bet the trails will be limited tomorrow.

I hope everhing holds up.

Can't you guys groom them tonight, flatten things out and hope that traffic is @ a min, by tomorrow afternoon we'll be back into the - temps, should tighten things up. It's Thursday and Friday we need to be worried about with temps expected to be around 6-7 and lots of rain. Looks like ice fishing for me instead of riding......

Can't you guys groom them tonight, flatten things out and hope that traffic is @ a min, by tomorrow afternoon we'll be back into the - temps, should tighten things up. It's Thursday and Friday we need to be worried about with temps expected to be around 6-7 and lots of rain. Looks like ice fishing for me instead of riding......

If it stays above zero over night it is a waste of time and money in my opinion.

The snow does not flow properly through the drag

People do not stay off the trails

It makes the snow melt faster

The best bet is to groom as it freezes.

I was out on the trails yesterday and today. They were in really nice shape. The best were from Port Carling to Bass Lake. Nice and smooth and lots of snow. I also spent a fair bit of time on Lake Muskoka. There were some slush spots but nothing you couldn't get though. Some serious snow drifts that you had to keep an eye out for and some rough patches where slush had frozen over. Can't wait to rip it up next weekend.

I was out on the trails yesterday and today. They were in really nice shape. The best were from Port Carling to Bass Lake. Nice and smooth and lots of snow. I also spent a fair bit of time on Lake Muskoka. There were some slush spots but nothing you couldn't get though. Some serious snow drifts that you had to keep an eye out for and some rough patches where slush had frozen over. Can't wait to rip it up next weekend.

Were you out on Muskoka Saturday afternoon around 4:30 or so between Browning and the narrows? We were heading back from the landing strip to G hurs and saw a yammi out there messing around. 1 Revagade and two XP gades.

Have the snowcrest groomers been out recently to firm up the trail?

Have the snowcrest groomers been out recently to firm up the trail?

They could be out tonight. Im to sure though.

I told you the weather man cant predict snow worth a toot did you see the change in the forcast for next week? Where did all the snow in forcast go?

They got the rain right though

Archived