Be Careful out there in Gravenhurst area

steveo

Guys be very careful out there on the trails in the gravenhurst area, complete white outs and very hard to see anything let alone anyone coming up on you. We've had close to a foot already and still coming down heavy. Stay off the lake as you cant see nothing and its VERY DEEP. I rode up 169 to the wharf and hit the trails there. Took C101D for a few km's until I had to turn around because I couldn't see 30 feet ahead. Trails should be in good shape this weekend.

This post is intended for anyone planning a ride after work tonight.....

Pictures would be great

The Gravenhurst and area is getting a nice streamer

Watch here http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

pics coming

:right_on:

Nice!

wintersnow006.jpg

wintersnow005.jpg

wintersnow007.jpg

:woot:

ur the best my friend

Crazy! From the sounds of the weather reports it looks like we should be getting quite a bit more overnight. If it keeps squalling of course.

Thanks Blake for the pics, they dont do justice of how heavy it was coming down. Thank the snow gods finally!!!

Lots of snow out there, just make sure to stay on the trail or prepare to get stuck. Just got back from bracebridge and didn't see any groomers but Im sure their out there. Again vis. was low and poor with maybe 40 feet ahead. Tomorrow should be fun fun fun. :right_on::right_on:

how much snow has fallen?

On my yard I measured 13" of fresh powder, could be more in some areas, could be a bit less but all in all at least a foot. I can't run the bay until there's tracks, I'll get stuck for sure....

Great news! Thanks Steveo for the real world updates and Blake for the pictures. Love it!

Great to hear that the snow has been falling up your way.

You're right about the lakes Steveo. The whiteouts were so bad it was a challenge finding the staking line and then seeing the next stake. With all that slush out there you want to stay on the stake line but 6 feet of visibility makes it interesting at a speed high enough to keep you pushing through the powder without dropping into the wet. After the sun went down it was a real challenge ! Headlights reflecting off the streamers :shock:

Hey 2bsledding - all those groomers out there; can you send some my way ? ? :-P

Archived