Chapleau Ski-Doo Club Website

Ox

They show trails as closed but the interactive guide is showing the F as open???

They show trails as closed but the interactive guide is showing the F as open???

The website does send you back to the map, but no one is updating the website.

The funny thing about the map is that it will only show the trail open or limited up to the District boundary even when it is actually open or limited to the next town or "real endpoint" for grooming or lake staking.

Example: "F"Trail from Chapleau to Dalton is limited, but the map shows it going red at the boundary line between District 13 and 14 which is far short of the actual grooming to Dalton. It is true that Dubreuilville has not opened up their end of the trail between Ernie's at the end of Dog Lake and Dalton. That is the road ride we had to make before they worked on the trail to reopen it.

Example: The ice bridge D105 out to Manitoulin Island is open to the imaginary boundary line between Districts 12 and 13 in the center of the North chanel and then goes red? I have not seen it yet, but I would imagine that the folks on the island who stake this did not stop half way. No one in District #13 is going to call the "Map Gods" about the ice bridge since they do not stake it.

There are basic issues here that need to be addressed and no one thought about them before......did they!

so is it possible to do a loop from Sault Ste Marie, to Wawa, Dub, Miss, Chapleau and back to Serchmont currently?

Were coming up this weekend and hoping to, but I was concerned with the sections that show closed right now?

thanks,

FishHog

so is it possible to do a loop from Sault Ste Marie, to Wawa, Dub, Miss, Chapleau and back to Serchmont currently?

Were coming up this weekend and hoping to, but I was concerned with the sections that show closed right now?

thanks,

FishHog

I am sure you can, but you need to take the "wilderness trail" from Chapleau to Halfway Haven and skip the "F" Trail down to Aubrey Falls.

I actually ride direct from Chapleau to Searchmont most of the time. The unknown at this point is the newest section of "F" Trail. If Dub does not get it groomed, the road from Ernie's to Dalton might have to be followed. It is groomed from Dalton to Chapleau.

I may be up there this weekend. PM me cause I might do the loop too.

thanks for the info.

I'll keep an eye for updates on the trails, might just head further north and do an out and back to Cocharne since all those trails look good.

I've done the wilderness trail before, and think I have the track on my GPS, so that could be an option. I'll have to firm up my plans as soon as I figure out when I can get away from work.

i believe the new section from chapleau to dalton is packed with a packer bar and not "groomed" with a drag. but i could be wrong. dub is trying to get their end done but, manpower, time, money, eqipment issues and snow depth are a big reason it isnt opened yet. i spoke with big reg just the other day, and at that time he was told by ernie that missanabi only has about 10" of snow.

your planned loop maybe doable but, you may have some ungroomed sketchy sections. there will be some trails listed as closed. they are on crown land so you can "ride them" but it is scrictly at your own risk. my disclaimer to you... if the trails arent groomed or up to snuff, you can only take the blame for trying to use those trails which are not fully open yet.

i hope you understand my statements are not meant to be mean, just giving a heads up. ski

didn't take them as mean at all, I won't be doing that loop if the trails aren't open. Disappointing that Miss only had 10" of snow. They can have a few feet of what we have in Southern Ontario that doesn't do us any good.

Think I'll stay to the north, although I would like an Ernie's burger, so we might have to head that far anyway.

thanks for the info guys.

FishHog

didn't take them as mean at all, I won't be doing that loop if the trails aren't open. Disappointing that Miss only had 10" of snow. They can have a few feet of what we have in Southern Ontario that doesn't do us any good.

Think I'll stay to the north, although I would like an Ernie's burger, so we might have to head that far anyway.

thanks for the info guys.

FishHog

There was a group of guys staying at ernies last week who rented a sled from me. the rode to chapleau and around dubreuilville and wawa area and told me things were great other than the new section of F not being groomed yet. They took the road from Dalton on the way back.

I haven't been to missinabie but it's shocking to hear they only have 10 inches of snow. hard to believe but as I say I haven't been there.

i hear ya on the ernie burger!!!! i want one BAAAAAD!!!!

mostly posted the above as a disclaimer. i kept re-reading it and it could have sounded like i was being mean. and it is hard to know how people take the written word.

appreciate your candor. hope your ride is great. take lots of pics, and give a report, of where you went and what you saw. love reading where everyone is going and what they are doing. ski

work plan had changed so I won't have to go on a business trip that was plan to start this Friday and gone for 7 days.

so since I'm here, luc and I will be going on the F trail between Missanabie and Dalton to find out if there is enough snow on that big hill by the lake to send the groomer.

Archived