Port Perry to Port Sydney **pics**

ragdoll

Mr. Apex and I left Friday morning for his cousins cottage in Port Sydney. He is a Hill and Gully club member, and man their trails are nice. I don't think many people know about them, not much traffic, table top smooth.

We went up via our trails (very, very good condition Fri morning, sun out, it was sweet) to Beaverton and through Gravenhurst. Beaverton north was alot of road burning, and some less than stellar conditions.

We ran off trail by accident...

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

South of Gravenhurst the main trail was BRUTAL, lost alot of time there as we could only run 30k/hr through the whoops.

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

Pit stop into my favorite bakery in GH. Worlds best butter tarts. I asked the owners daughter if they get alot of snowmobilers stop in. She laughed and said yes, but most of them are in trucks with the sleds on trailers. She said we were the first to come up to the front door on sleds

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

Here we are, H&G country!!!

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

The driveway to the cottage was like a trail...

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

Fri after dinner, time for a late nite RIDE!!!

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

We were not disappointed...

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

Sat morning, while waiting for everyone to get up, I did some local small landowners loops, incredible. This is private property, friends of Darren's cousin. They even groom their own little trails with a Tundra and small box spring type drag, close to 100KM of them.

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

On Sat we ran up D to Sprucedale. Didn't take many pics, The Segwin was brutal, tons of traffic. The Sprucedale Hotel had way over 100 sleds parked outside and up the trail to the gas station. We didn't stop, but visited my son who lives very close by and headed back.

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

Sunday, time to head home. We came back via Haliburton and across the rail trail. Conditions much better this way, although it took us longer, even with making better time on the rail line.

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

Close to home we caught up with a bunch of Darren's pals. I was the odd man out in a Yamaha convention for these pictures...

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

We did about 720 kms, had a great time. Nice to be back home though in familiar territory.

Thank you for sharing, looks like you both had an awesome time. Great pictures.

great pics...trails look ok...way to put on kms

Mike anyone that has ridden with me can relate to the first pics,,,but I end up there,not by accident,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

great pics and great times,what snowmobiling is all about,,,,oops,,,what drives you outdoors,,,oops,,, :coffeespit:

as I said on the vette forum,your a trooper to ride into the heart of all that traffic,,,,,, :right_on::right_on:

btw it has been a while since cardiff trails have been good,,,,, :blink:

The trail north of Beaverton is brutal, thanks to the plows. They decided to plow down to the dirt on the last snow. The last road allowance has issues with a beaver dam so we can't groom there. We are going to try to groom as most ditches as poss, but I think you will see some changes to that trail for next season. Has Carden Sno drifters update there signage north of the river. Last I checked there was no signs for 1.5kms.

The trail north of Beaverton is brutal, thanks to the plows. They decided to plow down to the dirt on the last snow. The last road allowance has issues with a beaver dam so we can't groom there. We are going to try to groom as most ditches as poss, but I think you will see some changes to that trail for next season. Has Carden Sno drifters update there signage north of the river. Last I checked there was no signs for 1.5kms.

Signage was kinda poor, but to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention as Darren knew where we were going.

Great pics.

How do you like the 1200?

Did a review over at Doo Talk and TY. I have to say, 700 plus km, 3 days and Monday morning I did not feel a single thing. On my Vector, I'd be hobbling around for the next 2 days. Gotta give Doo a thumbs up for their suspension/chassis and especially the rider position on these sleds...perfect.

Did a review over at Doo Talk and TY. I have to say, 700 plus km, 3 days and Monday morning I did not feel a single thing. On my Vector, I'd be hobbling around for the next 2 days. Gotta give Doo a thumbs up for their suspension/chassis and especially the rider position on these sleds...perfect.

Thanks I think a 1200 will be my next sled.

Weapon

Archived