western swing

skidooboy

Oh - yeah - I've seen them before. Not sure I've used one?

Yeah - an axe doesn't cut the willows too good, but how big can you cut with that? Or doo you have something else for deadfall?

I have a bow saw in the nosecone of my sled - with the blade folded down. Been in there for 9 yrs and not had to git it out yet, but many times I would need the axe to bust up the ice to git to it. LOL!

Yeah - we have plenty of overnight (over-weekend?) toys on board. We've spent a night or two under the stars before. But not since we got bigger sleds. :-D

You can mount the axe mate on the side of your tunnel or ??? But I doubt that it will accomidate that bladed unit of yours.

http://www.bapequipment.com/cat_25.html

No reply to the Jammies?

thats what we carry rev! fits nice in the backpack, not too overly heavy, and is easily accessible.

the sandvik can cut all sizes of timber but, works best on wrist sized or smaller. usually just one swipe and they are clean.

jammies are our way of getting better pics. black is nice and works but, black is BLAH in pics. plus my klim pants cost me over 300.00 us dollars. the snowboard jammies are waterproof breathable, come in alot of styles, sizes and colors, are roomier as they are loose fit, and are CHEAP. if you dont need the latest color patterns you can buy them for less than 100.00 bux for coats and pants. at that price even if they get ripped to shreds every season, you can replace them.

personally i like the styles from sessions snowboard gear. lynne likes nakita, and burton stuff.

my klims have been downgraded to fishing and working around the house when it is cold. LOL!

ski

Ah, so those are snowboard related jammies? Well should werk out fine if you end up in the bush overnight. :icon_naughty:

Ah, so those are snowboard related jammies? Well should werk out fine if you end up in the bush overnight. :icon_naughty:

that's why you layer, you silly goose. LOL! ski

So are these jammies just a top layer only? No real insulating qualities, you just supply that on your own and go?

Are they pants only, or bibs?

So are these jammies just a top layer only? No real insulating qualities, you just supply that on your own and go?

Are they pants only, or bibs?

I think you are WAAAY too interested in another guys jammies :poke2: . :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

they are shells, simlimar to klim freeride pants. i prefer pants to bibs but, i have lost some weight so, i have been wearing suspenders to avoid the baggy ass syndrome so previlant in todays youth. :D LOL!

the shells are like a shell coat or pants, they have a waterproof, windproof outer shell, and an inner mesh style breathable liner. usually i layer with a thin base layer, a fleece mid layer, my knee/shin guards and then the shell pants. for the top, i start with the thin base layer, a thin wicking layer, a mid layer fleece top, my tek vest, then the shell coat or pullover. if it is any colder, i might throw a windstopper pullover, or zip up coat. plus i carry extra mid layer fleece with me, in case of cold, or overnight stay required.

you can put it on, or take it off if you have it with you. if you dont, you are stuck with what you have. always easier to dress alittle too warm, and remove a layer, than to start off cold, and go down hill, with no way to get warmer or add layers (if you dont have them with you).

be prepared.

i see ox's wheels turning, he's gonna be in some hip hop, fresh prince of bellaire colors. he will be funky fresh!!!!

ski

found ox's new jammie pants. ski

post-19738-0-71088500-1296792156_thumb.j

I think you are WAAAY too interested in another guys jammies :poke2: . :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Naw ... heck, I was lookin' at Lynns jammies. ;-)

Was Ski wearing some too? :icon_doh:

they are shells, simlimar to klim freeride pants. i prefer pants to bibs but, i have lost some weight so, i have been wearing suspenders to avoid the baggy ass syndrome so previlant in todays youth. :D LOL!

you can put it on, or take it off if you have it with you. if you dont, you are stuck with what you have. always easier to dress alittle too warm, and remove a layer, than to start off cold, and go down hill, with no way to get warmer or add layers (if you dont have them with you).

be prepared.

ski

So they doo make those in bibs then? You kinda danced around the answer like a Lawyer about a bloody glove.

Per having more clothes than you need right now:

No doubt! When it is cold out, I generally start the day bundled up tight. Hopefully peeling layers as the day goes. Playing hard all day going no-where you git real warm, but come dusk and your still quite warm and have several klicks to git back to truck/lodge/motel/tree well, it is SO much better to throw those layers back on while your still warm, rather than wait untill you are already chilled and THEN hafta peel layers to add more!

But yunno - we don't always learn from even our own experience. Sometimes we think it'll only take a few minutes to pound the trails back. ... We'll be fine.... Only to be chilled to the bloody bone when you finally make it in, b/c it was a little more than a few clicks away, and that sun goes down REAL quick, and we're colder than a witches tit in a brass bra.

WitchsTit.jpg

Archived