Huntsville to Parry Sound

lakejoe

I've been riding for several years and have to say, this was the greatest trip as far as conditions and trail quality that I've ever done.

On Thursday, we started out at the Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville, and headed north on the D102B. We continued north on the D101B up to the Top D. From there we headed west on the D through Kearney and Sprucedale on to the Seguin trail C103D into Parry Sound.

The trails were in such great shape it was like riding on rails. In my experience, usually on a long day's ride you get a couple of nice flat legs of trail and you put up with the bumps and moguls on all the other trails you pass. This trip was nothing but perfect trails the whole way to Parry Sound and back. I couldn't believe how many groomers we passed, I think the last count was 7 for the day.

Just want to say thanks to the clubs who are doing a GREAT job keeping the trails pristine up there.

Cheers!

Pics:

post-21472-0-99657300-1295740676_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-57357600-1295740684_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-00131700-1295740692_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-41181100-1295740712_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-54273300-1295740719_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-14640900-1295740725_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-12276800-1295740732_thumb.jpg

post-21472-0-19796500-1295740740_thumb.jpg

awesome trip,cool pics,,,,,,,,, :right_on::right_on::right_on:

I cannot believe there are still clubs out there grooming during the day,,,,, :whatever::whatever:

Glad to hear you had a nice trip and thanks for sharing the pictures with us. It's always nice to see the trail shots.

Thank you for your compliments I am sure that all the clubs along the route appreciate the positive comments. Many of them have had to work extra hard with washouts and less than ideal conditions . As for the daytime groomers many clubs are still opening some trails and the main trails are the route to the secondary trails as well if you have a long shift it is more important somtimes to be off of the trail in the morning than to be on the trail in the late afternoon. ie if you have a 14 hour shift and you want to off by 5am you need to be on the trail at 3pm.

Great report Ale.

We got off the Seguin early tonight, and it was tabletop smooth. Perfect from Parry Sound to Sprucedale, and riders from Kearney said it was smooth that way as well.

Thank you for your compliments I am sure that all the clubs along the route appreciate the positive comments. Many of them have had to work extra hard with washouts and less than ideal conditions . As for the daytime groomers many clubs are still opening some trails and the main trails are the route to the secondary trails as well if you have a long shift it is more important somtimes to be off of the trail in the morning than to be on the trail in the late afternoon. ie if you have a 14 hour shift and you want to off by 5am you need to be on the trail at 3pm.

3 pm is leaning more towards the evening,during the day is noon,plus or minus a few hours,,,, :mrgreen: just saying,,, :rotflmao:

3 pm is leaning more towards the evening,during the day is noon,plus or minus a few hours,,,, :mrgreen: just saying,,, :rotflmao:

As I said many of the clubs are still packing and opening the side trails and need to use the main trails to get there. Opening trails is safest during daylight hours and much easier to get help if you get stuck. Then when the groomer comes back another operator will often take over and night groom the main trails.

As I said many of the clubs are still packing and opening the side trails and need to use the main trails to get there. Opening trails is safest during daylight hours and much easier to get help if you get stuck. Then when the groomer comes back another operator will often take over and night groom the main trails.

so,we are saying the same thing,,,,, :hugs::hugs:

glad to see the area is shaping up nicely.

Hope to get up that way soon, but the way things are going it may be the end of February unless I can persuade John to take a couple of days mid week.

Awesome pics as well.

Are the ice caves ready yet?

glad to see the area is shaping up nicely.

Hope to get up that way soon, but the way things are going it may be the end of February unless I can persuade John to take a couple of days mid week.

Awesome pics as well.

Are the ice caves ready yet?

We didn't make it to the ice caves, but I heard they are from the locals.

Mid week is the best time if you can do it. Less traffic mid week means smoother trails in my experience. It's just a great time to put some comfortable kms on. :)

Archived