Sorry Top E102 Closed

old sledhead

Our Trails in the Eganville area have taken another hit . Our club has been working to get trails opened but with the melt down things have come to a hault. With mother nature not providing enough snow yet to open trails a.t.v.s have taken to them , this has forced the closing of the top e102 out side of Eganville. I am trying to convince landowners to reconcider the lock out but this is not going well. I will post if there is any changes .

Wow! That sucks!

That trail is a pretty integral link in the area...that sucks.

Unbelievable.

And ATVers wonder why some snowmobilers don't want snowmobile clubs to share sled trails w/ ATVs.

Sorry again more bad news the Renfrew club in dist6 has had to close the b101a from Douglas to the Top A. The club is working on fixing the problem but they don't see it happening this season. Again will keep you all up to date if anything happens , I just don.t like seeing people stuck on the trail when they hit a trail closed sign.

The Eganville club will have the b101 a open to douglas and up to golden lake as soon as the weather permitts though.

Ok this time GOOD NEWS we have permision to reopen the Top e102 south of Eganville :woot: . This is as long as a.t.v.s stay off the trail or it will close again and this time it may be for good and also because Iam tired of spending my weekends pleading with landowners to permit the snowmobile trail to stay open. This is realy hard to do when you close gates and fences post tail closed signs and sledders reopen the fences just enough to get there sled through drive across a road drive past a second trail closed sign and also drive past myself and one of our landowners that I was talking to about reopening the trail. :curse: I tryed to flag them down but they just kept going , :wtf: that was till they hit a locked gate they could not open not saying they did not try and again on there way back they would not stop for me again. :crazy::crazy:

So lets hope that the snow comes and we can get the groomer out and everyone stays happy and so I can get out on my sled to. :D:D

Thanks for the update and your efforts in this frustrating matter. :right_on::right_on:

You should try to snap a pic of the offending snowmobilers trespassing, hopefully getting the license numbers off the sled. Couldn't they be charged then?

Many cell phones integrate a camera now.

Here's hoping it remains open.

Is there a local ATV club? Has there been any thought to putting an ad in the Leader telling ATVers to stay off the trails?

You should try to snap a pic of the offending snowmobilers trespassing, hopefully getting the license numbers off the sled. Couldn't they be charged then?

Yes they can be...

...This is realy hard to do when you close gates and fences post tail closed signs and sledders reopen the fences just enough to get there sled through drive across a road drive past a second trail closed sign and also drive past myself and one of our landowners that I was talking to about reopening the trail. :curse: I tryed to flag them down but they just kept going , :wtf: that was till they hit a locked gate they could not open not saying they did not try and again on there way back they would not stop for me again. :crazy::crazy:

So lets hope that the snow comes and we can get the groomer out and everyone stays happy and so I can get out on my sled to. :D:D

There are many sledders who are no better than the ATVers riding these trails. It may very well be the same people

Archived