South Seguin Trail Pruning

b-bry

This is for Wildbill: I PM'd you earlier this week & haven't seen a reply. I've got 3 able-bodied sledders who want to prune Friday & Saturday. Where might you need us? Bypass? Old C? Trails off of old C?

Also,

What are the chances of bringing up 6 fat wallets from the city and supporting businesses along the C trail (Mactier - Parry Sound) on Saturday?

Anything opening? Any groomers active?

This is for Wildbill: I PM'd you earlier this week & haven't seen a reply. I've got 3 able-bodied sledders who want to prune Friday & Saturday. Where might you need us? Bypass? Old C? Trails off of old C?

We did some brushing in the fall on the Seguin at Hwy 518(Orrville) and further east at South Seguin Estates Rd. Rode the Seguin on Dec.30. There's a number of spots west of South Seguin Estates Rd that could use some brushing. WB may also know of a few other spots. I would love to help but working this weekend.

Phone me we would be best to discuss this .

Also,

What are the chances of bringing up 6 fat wallets from the city and supporting businesses along the C trail (Mactier - Parry Sound) on Saturday?

Anything opening? Any groomers active?

The rain hurt quite a bit the snow that we have had since is not been enough to fix it. We can all cross our fingers and hope for snow. Now for the approved line :banghead: . Please check trail conditions at www.ofsc.on.ca

Trail conditions updating regularly in our area a little bit more snow and some cold is helping.

Hats off to B-bry,Scrummage and friends for doing some GPS work for us and spending Saturday working with the groomer building brush bridges for some waterholes on the Seguin :right_on:

It was quite a rewarding experience. Thanks to those who stopped to help us. One fellow even stopped to thank us. And, a big thank you to the guys who helped me when my sled got stuck near one of the "water hazards" we were working on. There's a lot of great people in the Sledding Community. :right_on::right_on:

It was quite a rewarding experience. Thanks to those who stopped to help us. One fellow even stopped to thank us. And, a big thank you to the guys who helped me when my sled got stuck near one of the "water hazards" we were working on. There's a lot of great people in the Sledding Community. :right_on::right_on:

It was indeed a rewarding day. This is my third year sledding & it's great to lend a hand. The effort really makes one appreciate all the hard work done by a relatively few volunteers to benefit such a large number of sledders.

At the one big washout (just east of Diamond Lake on the Seguin Trail), our group was carrying and placing the brush being cut by Paul the groomer operator. A couple of other sledders stopped to help, but most just drove around us. One group stopped and simply watched while we toiled - I guess they didn't think of helping to speed the process.

One note about Paul - he really knows how to handle that new groomer. Excellent work Paul!

Oh yeah - about that last pic. That's Scrummage's sled. Bad place to park. He did have tow straps though, but they were under that bright green tool bag holding his cordless tools he brought. We couldn't get to them because of the 3 feet of ice water. And yes, the tools were completely under water.

It was a long, cold, soaking wet ride back to the cottage.

Fortunately, several sledders did give a hand getting the sled out of there. If any of you are seeing this, THANKS!

post-20968-0-65232200-1294714095_thumb.jpg

post-20968-0-79378300-1294714105_thumb.jpg

post-20968-0-48514300-1294714132_thumb.jpg

post-20968-0-71791300-1294714142_thumb.jpg

post-20968-0-46219400-1294714152_thumb.jpg

post-20968-0-76404600-1294714160_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!

Hats off to the folks who did the work on the trail. We were there on Sunday and things were in good shape overall. Love the trail! When I showed my wife the pictures from the day I had to promise to go back and take her with us.

I understand there are some ice caves somewhere in the area I wouldn't mind a visit to once the ice is considered solid.

Once again... THANKS to all the volunteers that make the trails happen.

Archived