Winter Storm Warning

Reved

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/alerts/wwcaon0005

Winter Storm WarningIssued at 3:32 PM EST Saturday 11 December 2010

Summary

..25 cm of snow expected by Monday morning.. This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Details

A low pressure system centred over Iowa is tracking east towards the lower Great Lakes and will intensify into a winter storm as it reaches Western New York state by Sunday night. An expanding area of snow is expected to move into Southern Ontario first thing Sunday morning as the low gets closer and deepens. As a result the snow will become heavy at times..With amounts of 15 to 25 cm likely by Monday morning. A winter storm warning has been issued for areas near and east of Georgian Bay including Barrie, Muskoka, Algonquin and Pembroke where 25 cm of snow is expected. A freezing rain warning has been issued for an area north of Lake Ontario and for parts of Eastern Ontario including Peterborough, Kingston, Ottawa and Cornwall. Freezing rain is forecast to beginning Sunday morning near Lake Ontario and move northeast toward Ottawa by midday. An extended period of 6 hours of freezing rain is quite possible for the warned regions. The snow may mix briefly with rain over southern parts of the watch area extending from Stratford across Kitchener-Waterloo to Newmarket. The precipitation should change to all snow by Sunday night across Southern Ontario as much colder Arctic air begins to blast in from the north causing the mercury to plummet. Strong northerly winds developing Sunday night in the wake of the storm centre will also result in local blowing snow especially over western and northern sections. Travelling conditions are expected to quickly deteriorate Sunday as the snow moves in. Hazardous winter driving conditions are likely due to low visibility in heavy snow..Blowing snow..And from accumulating snow. Environment Canada continues to closely monitor this threatening winter storm and may issue additional warnings and/or adjust the watch as necessary.

As this blows through lets see some pictures of what could have a lot more trails posted as limited or above??? by mid week!

The Barrie area already has a good start to the season and this could make it great. Slap that permit on and get riding. :woot:

Looks like it started to snow in Barrie around 7am, just light but it has started. :right_on:

Well the 10-20cm they where called for us in Belleville has turned in to a day of rain, we didnt even get 1-2cm of snow. This sucks :banghead:

Upside is its snowing around the hwy 7 area so maybe we will be riding for Christmas :ssh:

Notice: Fantastic sledding weather conditions are occurring :woot:

We down near the big lake (Ontario) need to see pictures so that we can fantasize. 8:00PM and we might need to brush our cars if we were going out. How many got to get out and enjoy today?

Here in Barrie we are up to 4" for the day so far. Not as much as they were calling for but maybe the snow squalls will kick in soon and make up for it.

We down near the big lake (Ontario) need to see pictures so that we can fantasize. 8:00PM and we might need to brush our cars if we were going out. How many got to get out and enjoy today?

How about this from today.

post-19706-0-58728200-1292205124_thumb.j

Well the big storm was a bust here, it was all rain. The 4 or 5cms we did have got washed out. My subpump was back to running every few mins so that means the ground soffened back up as well. Than from +5 last night when I went to bed down to -14 when I got up this morning.

And nothing but sun and -5 temps for the next 14 days :banghead:

Well it sure wasnt a bust here, roads are all closed, snow plows and hydro crews pulled off the roads, visibility zero........., so I took the new sled out :mrgreen: . It was true, when you got out of sheltered areas you couldnt see 50 ft. had to crawl down a side road following the telephone poles to get down to a valley where I could see. So I stuck close to home running the low areas etc. Nice to put some miles on her finally. Likely a foot and a half in the sheltered areas and huge drifts everywhere.

Sorry, crappy cam = crappy pic.s, but I wasnt taking the good one out in this.

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

Cheers, Todd

Awesome storm here! You gotta love it !

hey Bill, how much snow on the ground around there?

More snow today in Barrie :woot:

DSCN4934sm.jpg

Archived