Places to stay in Mattawa????

Bushpig

Tim: Thanks for the info; looks like we'll be heading to Mattawa from Emsdale this week-end.

Can anyone suggest a place to stay in the the Mattawa area??? 4 sleds and we would like to sled up to the door as this is one of the stops on our loop.

BP

I have stayed at the Valois years ago when we held the Rally of the Voyageurs in Mattawa. I don't know how close they are to the trails though.

This is not an endorsement because I have never even seen the rooms, but I think the Two Rivers Inn has accomodations. I have eaten at the restaurant a bunch of times and it is great, but I havent ever stayed...

We stayed at the Two Rivers Motel both times we did the RAP tour...it's nothing fancy, just clean, warm and comfortable (at least it was on our last visit 4 or 5 years ago)...and handy to gas and the trail. The food was excellent, especially the ribs.

I have stayed at the Valois years ago when we held the Rally of the Voyageurs in Mattawa. I don't know how close they are to the trails though.

They are right on the trail in Mattawa, however the restaurant is not open this season at all. The locals say the owners went to Florida and someone else is running the motel. You'll see the signs along the trail advertising The Valois as a place to eat, but when you get there the sign on the door says 'Closed for Season". I don't think this is very good for sledders that may not know the town. We went there a few weeks ago and after seeing the sign, we enquired at the gas station and he was about as helpful as a spider on sticky tape. So we went back along the trail a bit and turned down the street before the main one and found a place called "Draper's Restaurant". Fabulous place! Not very large, but the food is all homecooked and with real turkey and home baked pies and stuff it was a great find! It's right across the street from the Beer Store too! Check it out!

They are right on the trail in Mattawa, however the restaurant is not open this season at all. The locals say the owners went to Florida and someone else is running the motel. You'll see the signs along the trail advertising The Valois as a place to eat, but when you get there the sign on the door says 'Closed for Season". I don't think this is very good for sledders that may not know the town. We went there a few weeks ago and after seeing the sign, we enquired at the gas station and he was about as helpful as a spider on sticky tape. So we went back along the trail a bit and turned down the street before the main one and found a place called "Draper's Restaurant". Fabulous place! Not very large, but the food is all homecooked and with real turkey and home baked pies and stuff it was a great find! It's right across the street from the Beer Store too! Check it out!

I know Draper's. Glad to hear it is open. Thanks for the info on the Valois, justme

Archived