The New PINE FALLS LODGE Excellent!

shawnj

We met Fred and Louise the new owners this afternoon and had a wonderfull visit during a great lunch meal too. Very very friendly they have great food great prices great atmosphere, wireless internet, long distance calls if you need it no charge,(not sure if this will remain but I guess as long as it isn't getting abused) They really are trying very hard to run a friendly business. Oh they have fuel too. They have a buffet advertised on Sat and Sun starting at 11 am, 10 bucks includes meal soup sallad and I think dessert. Have heard its delicious. Wing nites Friday nite. Think that cover it.

I stayed there last year and it was an enjoyable experience as well. Wireless internet is a plus. Any idea what happened to the previous owners? My understanding was that they recently bought it too.

How were the conditions up there?

I stayed there last year and it was an enjoyable experience as well. Wireless internet is a plus. Any idea what happened to the previous owners? My understanding was that they recently bought it too.

How were the conditions up there?

I think Ruth & Lewis (previous owners) just didn't find it to be their thing.

I've had lunch a few times this winter and the new owners are awesome people. Very friendly and try to do what ever they can for customer satisfaction. They will do very well I think.

Evil

Conditions were fine. Check my post in the North section under Sudbury topic I think from today.

We stayed there on our first and last days of our trip up north this year(Feb 20 and Feb 27). When we arrived there was a guy from Sudbury just finishing putting a new shaft in the water wheel that produces the power for them. No problems as they had a generater for back-up. Very friendly people and had no problem with us leaving a truck & 4 place there for 7 days.

Next days breaky was either continental or off of the menu(continental included in cabin price). We chose the full breaky. I must admit that there service is quite slow. We were the only ones in there and it took way too long- this sledder wants to eat and get going.

When we got back 7 days later they had lost their water as previous owner had done some sort of "jerry rigging" with the pyro-tenic(heated water line) that failed. Not a real big issue as we had dry camped before and melting snow/carrying water from the lake did not phase us.

All in all a decent place with good atmosphere. Fred was celebrating his birthday on the 27th when we returned. I don't know how he did it with the electrical and water issues that he had going on.

To say he bought a "pig in a bag" might be an understatement. I hope they perservere and see the rewards of their labour.

From our stay last week I think they're really trying to be accommodating for sledders. They took possession of the lodge in Jan'. They've reopened a trail (that was closed) across Washagami Lake that connects w/ C206D.

The 1st Sat' we were there on arrival there were lots of sleds in for lunch. Not quite as busy last Sat', but the warmer temps & us getting there past the midday rush may have had something to do w/ it.

Ya from our conversation with them today they had a few bugs to work out and sounded very appologetic to the folks that were there when these happened.

Archived