Help the PSSD

Wildbill

I'am confused,where does the trail permit money go.

Hey Wildbill I support you

Looney it is unfortunate that the permit funds are not sufficient to cover all costs under normal circumstances let alone these .

Your support is appreciated I would like to make it clear that it is Marilyn Derks defense that we are supporting . Marilyn is a dedicated volenteer who often spent more than 50hrs per week working for snowmobiling ! Not only is your contribution a huge help in the defense but also a vote of support for a volenteer that feels abandoned . As

Freezy stated the OFSC has lost sight of thier mission statement and instead is building an empire . The best way to correct this is to find out who your district governor is and let them know how you feel . Beware the well lubricated propaganda machine at the OFSC will have a company line that would grow a nice crop if it was put on a field ! Don't swallow it ! Let them know that they have already dropped the ball and it is overdue that they help solve this problem . In the other topics folks said that they want to help so here is how . Donate what you can to the fund ,let the OFSC know this stinks !, be prapared to be a part of a rally in support of Marilyn and protest to this s^*t on FEB 21st

Thanks for your time

Bill Park

The fact of this particular matter is that Wildbill thinks that the PSSD is going to need support. I trust his judgement. Hope to see a fund set up soon.

Yes lets see a fund set up and get the ball rolling.

Interesting read. Sitting here finding it hard to believe that the volunteer members of the PSSD are going to be out of pocket for legal costs, no OFSC help coming. :wtf:

Would I be willing to help, absolutely! Am I willing to turn over funds when there are so many fuzzy answers?

No, not yet.

If true then the newspapers and TV stations should be the first contacted. This is just wrong and will make a good story, maybe shame some funds out of the OFSC.

Interesting read. Sitting here finding it hard to believe that the volunteer members of the PSSD are going to be out of pocket for legal costs, no OFSC help coming. :wtf:

Would I be willing to help, absolutely! Am I willing to turn over funds when there are so many fuzzy answers?

No, not yet.

If true then the newspapers and TV stations should be the first contacted. This is just wrong and will make a good story, maybe shame some funds out of the OFSC.

Your questions are good ones. Hard to commit $ when things are so up in the air.

OFSC help? I have been emailing them for days. I have given them the benefit of the doubt but I am officially disgusted! Media pressure? It has started but more needs to be done.

I would hold off on the fund for a day or 2. The club has to get a few answers which likely will come Monday or Tues. with respect to legal stuff. Then they will have a better idea what kind of financial support will be needed.

Surely by Wed, we should have alot more info. Till then, any business or person wishing to donate a door prize etc for the Poker run would be a great help.

The club has had their hands full with this and probably haven't had as much time as they would have liked to gather support for the poker run.

If this is the case with no help or support from the OFSC.

Then I still do not understand there purpose in this sport.

PSSD in my opinion is the capital of snowmobiling.

Why can't PSSD set up on there own, and make it a true business

with paid employees. Why does PSSD even need the OFSC?

:?:?

I am new to forum & am willing to bet that most people are not even aware of the situation.

We need to confirm that there is diffenetly $$ needed,if so we have all bought permits

lets get all the companies that have sold permits to advise the people so they can get invovled

calling MPP'S,getting there local fair boards,churchs,motels assocation any volunteer assocation invovled to apply

pressure.l am sure if there is $$ needed it would come fast from more than just organized

snowmobiling.

l for 1 would support a 1 time 10-20 fee applied to our trail passes to set up a slush fund to help

with any more problems going forward

Mike

Welcome RevRiders! You are right! If there is $ needed to fight this, it wont take long to raise. Getting the word out is the big thing.

Holding off a couple of days is beginning to look the right thing to do the OFSC is coming up this week to take a hard look at the situation and due to the incredible volume of contacts they may actually do something ! One year later and still with thier head in the sand until this action taken by the PSSD got thier attention . Lets hope that they can remember what they are there for . TRAILS ! and supporting the volenteers that make them happen . After the results of the meeting are known as to whether or not they support thier volenteers I will if nessasary restart this under a new thread.

Cross your fingers

Bill Park

I was talking to a city councillor in my hometown, and he said that whenever the town puts on events, they ALWAYS make sure they have individual liability insurance that covers the town and makes them personally non-liable. Does the PSSD not have this same type of insurance? I would have thought that the OFSC's liability insurance would cover all of the clubs, and thus not making anyone personally liable to this sort of thing...

Heard this morning that two of the local snowmobile club presidents have given notice that this is their last year after conferring with their lawyers.

Hopefully the gov't will get involved to help out. Anyone heard anything from Norm Miller, the local MP?

I was talking to a city councillor in my hometown, and he said that whenever the town puts on events, they ALWAYS make sure they have individual liability insurance that covers the town and makes them personally non-liable. Does the PSSD not have this same type of insurance? I would have thought that the OFSC's liability insurance would cover all of the clubs, and thus not making anyone personally liable to this sort of thing...

The OFSC seems to be more concerned with thier million dollar "go snowmobiling" campaign then they are about keeping volenteers . If they are to show any leadership they will take this problem by the teeth and fix it to protect our volenteers . Otherwise the collapse of our sport is in sight .

Heard this morning that two of the local snowmobile club presidents have given notice that this is their last year after conferring with their lawyers.

Hopefully the gov't will get involved to help out. Anyone heard anything from Norm Miller, the local MP?

I know that our MPP down here, Tim Hudak has been in touch with Norm. Sounds like they are on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Otherwise the collapse of our sport is in sight .

the sport has been in this shape many times over the years,but it will survive,it may have a different look but it will survive.Politicians,lawyers and governments of the day have a large part in shaping the future,even if it stinks.

People,true sledders,will find away to ride.As I told you before wildwillie,this is only a scare tactic and from what I am reading it is working.It has an "Orwellian" feel to it.

And in the future,tell all of those people that are in a position to be sued to sell their house(s) to their spouse for a dollar,it will cost around 300 bucks but it will last a lifetime.The beauty of this is under the family law act it is still half your home,under civil suits it is not an asset,very cheap insurance.

an old friend of WW

[

Labour board fines and jail time are not protected by this move . What is still gross about this is that the gov't is chasing a paper trail even though there is no doubt that the operator was well trained ,knew not to go on the lake ,a very good dryland turnaround was provided ,he had used it many many times . The OFSC did not provide support until after the trail closure but only now are on board .

OMG :angry:

why is this case even going to trial....I fully expected to see that the issues raised by the MOL had been "resolved" by this point, as politicians are apt to do....

Where are the big guns in our (volunteers) defense in this case? Where is the OFSC? How long do the families of Marilyn (and of the groomer operator) have to live out this saga? All volunteers in Ontario, myself included, beware. Please contact every politician you have ever heard of...maybe more light on this subject could help!

hey what's the 411 on this "hot" topic?

How convienient that they are draggging this out past the sledding season to avoid backlash from the clubs.

Again I ask, has anyone heard anything from our members of parliment?

How convienient that they are draggging this out past the sledding season to avoid backlash from the clubs.

Again I ask, has anyone heard anything from our members of parliment?

Apparently now that it is in court they are powerless .

Archived