Trail Conditions - New Liskeard to Timmins ?

Canuck

Heading up to New Liskeard this weekend for second annual Father & Son tour (F&SII).

First day will be New Liskeard to Timmins.

Two trail choices (both about 300 km)

A107C to Gogama and then north on C (via Matachewan); or

C106A to Gogama (via Shining Tree) and then north on C.

Based on current conditions, can anyone advise?

Or, based upon past trips, is one route preferable over the other?

(I realize A trail is more direct, but we will be heading back that way from Cochrane).

Heading up to New Liskeard this weekend for second annual Father & Son tour (F&SII).

First day will be New Liskeard to Timmins.

Two trail choices (both about 300 km)

A107C to Gogama and then north on C (via Matachewan); or

C106A to Gogama (via Shining Tree) and then north on C.

Based on current conditions, can anyone advise?

Or, based upon past trips, is one route preferable over the other?

(I realize A trail is more direct, but we will be heading back that way from Cochrane).

Both ways are going to get you there with pretty good conditions.

The south loop on A107C is in good shape , with a slight re-route once you get to Shining tree that from what I hear is also in good shape.

The North loop through Matach is also in good shape with a reroute just west of Matachewan to take you to the c trail . When you come to the end of the C106a you have to turn left and follow a plowed section of road for a few km's then turn right onto the trail and follow the signs to Gowgama.

HOpe this helps. Have a good trip ..

If you take the A107C stop in and say hi on the way through.

Ron

Ron,

If we take the southern route (which I was leaning towards in order to see you guys and 3 Bears in Shining Tree), we'll stop by for a coffee.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the information.

Ron,

If we take the southern route (which I was leaning towards in order to see you guys and 3 Bears in Shining Tree), we'll stop by for a coffee.

Anytime , maybe we'll see you

Have a good trip

Ron,

Have a good trip

Ron,

Thanks for the coffee. We could see the effort you put into those trails. Thanks from all of us.

Akron - if you are coming across the lake this week, check out Gowganda Lake Camp. Gas on site; great coffee.

Ron,

Have a good trip

Ron,

Thanks for the coffee. We could see the effort you put into those trails. Thanks from all of us.

Akron - if you are coming across the lake this week, check out Gowganda Lake Camp. Gas on site; great coffee.

We will be through there on the 21st. Driving to New Liskead from Huntsville, unloading then beginning the ride. We'll stop in, should be mid afternoon.

Hey Ron :wavey: we will see you Sunday afternoon if everything goes as planned. We are going to the Ride for Kelly in Huntsville then Sunday Morning, driving up to New Liskeard, jumping on the sleds and heading to 3 Bears for dinner through Gowganda. We will then spend the rest of the week riding around northern Ontario. It doesn't get much better than that even with the limited snow we have this year. :woot::woot::woot:

Hey Ron :wavey: we will see you Sunday afternoon if everything goes as planned. We are going to the Ride for Kelly in Huntsville then Sunday Morning, driving up to New Liskeard, jumping on the sleds and heading to 3 Bears for dinner through Gowganda. We will then spend the rest of the week riding around northern Ontario. It doesn't get much better than that even with the limited snow we have this year. :woot::woot::woot:

Right on Snowberg... See you sunday.. Trails should be in good shape. Getting a little snow everyday , so something to work on ...

Ron

ps.. If #48 doesn't do well again next week watch out Kelly might not be happy.. :rotflmao:

Just kidding Kel

Hey Ron :wavey: we will see you Sunday afternoon if everything goes as planned. We are going to the Ride for Kelly in Huntsville then Sunday Morning, driving up to New Liskeard, jumping on the sleds and heading to 3 Bears for dinner through Gowganda. We will then spend the rest of the week riding around northern Ontario. It doesn't get much better than that even with the limited snow we have this year. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Right on Snowberg... See you sunday.. Trails should be in good shape. Getting a little snow everyday , so something to work on ...

Ron

ps.. If #48 doesn't do well again next week watch out Kelly might not be happy.. :rotflmao:

Just kidding Kel

that is ok ron...if he doesnt do better this week....i will sell all my #48 stuff after i use it to decorate my 48th birthday party (again)

hope your guys got their sled fixed.

KELL

Ron

Just kidding Kel

Ron, PM'd ya.

Bro was talking to a sledder @ work today. 5 of them rode TOP A from New Liskeard to Cochrane & no issues w/ the trail other than some logging just south of Bourkes.

Hey Ron :wavey: we will see you Sunday afternoon if everything goes as planned. We are going to the Ride for Kelly in Huntsville then Sunday Morning, driving up to New Liskeard, jumping on the sleds and heading to 3 Bears for dinner through Gowganda. We will then spend the rest of the week riding around northern Ontario. It doesn't get much better than that even with the limited snow we have this year. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Ron

Just kidding Kel

that is ok ron...if he doesnt do better this week....i will sell all my #48 stuff after i use it to decorate my 48th birthday party (again)

hope your guys got their sled fixed.

KELL

48 ... whens that ?? another 10 years .. :photo:

Yep they got it fixed and then went as far as Matachewan and it blew up again ... :blink:

Great news on the L143.. makes things alot easier

We travelled to Timmins today (from Capreol) using the C trail, anyone knows if L143 is now open...would be great to take a different trail back to our truck instead of back tracking.

We travelled to Timmins today (from Capreol) using the C trail, anyone knows if L143 is now open...would be great to take a different trail back to our truck instead of back tracking.

The L-143 is open limited.

Archived