Magpie Reservoir Dubreuilville-Wawa

The Groomer Guy

The Magpie Will not be staked again this Winter, last week they open up the Dam so the water started going down on the reservoir, local Guys with ice hunts said the ice was starting to Crack and go down. the lake is still safe just have to be carfull for the pressure cracks that will soon start to show up. Please use the D trail, it's more safe. The mapie is easy to lost on.

The Magpie Will not be staked again this Winter, last week they open up the Dam so the water started going down on the reservoir, local Guys with ice hunts said the ice was starting to Crack and go down. the lake is still safe just have to be carfull for the pressure cracks that will soon start to show up. Please use the D trail, it's more safe. The mapie is easy to lost on.

Thanks GG.

The Magpie is easy to get lost on,but the good news is you can rip from one end to the other in about 10 minutes. How is the snow out your way? hoping to run through DBV in a couple of weeks. Is there any snow around Marathon? I would like to be able to run from Longlac to Marathon to Hornepayne if possible.

ten minutes taped wide open= meltdown on the magpie. LOL!

it is alittle over 18 miles door to door on the magpie. i've been down it slow, and fast, avg time down it is about 20-30 minutes (or more). the later in the year, the slower you should go. it is a very dangerous and unpredictable waterway. add flat light, wind, snow, blowing snow, fog, snow dust ect... it is a reciepe for disaster.

be carefull out there. ski

Story time

One time a friend and I were on the Maggie Pie it was just ice slippery than snake snot! Going ever so slowly when two riders went screaming by us like we weren't even there. A few miles latter there they sat,one had melted his track to little tiny pieces.We asked if they needed help but they were good. Few minutes latter still trying to be safe they went by again one in tow on the sliders just a screaming. So like Skidoboy said "be safe"

I too would not run it fast un till you have already been down it once just prior.

I would not be scared to run it - but also have seen what it is capable of.

Kitty-Boy, isn't it 12 miles to the exit?

Maybe your thinking 18 klicks?

Or maybe your getting off somewhere else?

Archived