It truely saddens me to have to post this folks ..

Nutter

Sorry folks .... :(

World Record Attempt February 21st ...

Due to the nasty hand mother nature has dealt us up until this point, even if we see a huge turn around in conditions, we feel it is best to cancel the World Record attempt. With very little pleasure riding and lots of hard work by many volunteers, to keep trails open during this first half of a very challenging season, it just doesn't seem fair to still commit to this event and tie up another weekend and so much prep time for so many volunteers who would also like the pleasure of riding, if future conditions allow. Hopefully the weather changes for the better and this will also allow each club other options for changing dates of their own club events, which due the weather we have received so far some have had to cancel.

We graciously thank all the volunteers of District 3 and CORSA clubs who were committed to helping with this event (Cartwright Dyno's, Ganaraska, Great Pine Ridge, Long Sault Ridge Runners and Heart Of Ontario Snowmobile Clubs). We would also like to thank all of our club sponsors who were also committed to helping with this event, and to all of you riders who had planned to join us in this event, we hope that this doesn't cause too much of an inconvenience in your winter plans. Please consider finding another Snowarama event to attend this season, to fill the gap, as the help is needed for these kids no matter the weather.

BRP Demo Ride Day Saturday January 30th

Canceled till further notice (We are currently working togther with BRP, Bennett Powersports and Uxbridge Motorsports to find a suitable future date, big thanks to great sponsors for working with us through this)

Yamafest Demo Day Sunday January 31st

Yamaha Canada is able to rescheduled Yamafest at PPSC to Sunday February 21st, since they were to be a big part of the World Record attempt. (Big thanks to great company)

YamafestRedate20102.jpg

to bad I was looking foward to this, but what can you do? we depend so much on mother nature to enjoy our passion.

I give you guys a big thanks for giving us the riding we've had so far and look foward to better conditions soon, at least i can still go ice fishing

That is too bad, Nutter. :|

24 days can make a big difference,,,,,,but you likely took that into consideration,,,,,

Thanks guy's ...

Cehyoopers it's not so much were worried about conditions for the event, but what conditions so far have done in terms of higher volunteer work load to keep trails open with such crappy snow amounts, how much personal riding volunteers have had a chance to do, and the events that some of the clubs involved have already had to postpone. The event is no small task and will take up a whole weekend for a small army of volunteers from 6 clubs, and the pre planning before hand that we have already done and still have to do. It's just too much to ask of everyone at this time with where were at halfway through the season.

Slomo there's no rule of where the event must be held, it just has to a big enough safe area to accommodate the existing record of over 820 sleds for a continuous unbroken parade, with no gap exceeding two vehicle lengths, for a minimum of 3.2km to break the record.

That just sucks Nutter. M N can be a real pita sometimes. Killswitch was really looking forward to joining the parade. I'll let her know its cancelled :(

What about your poker run?

Yup were still on for our poker run, and will also still try and accomidate the BRP Demo ride also if we can agree on one.

Slomo ..... 820 sleds for a continuous unbroken parade, with no gap exceeding two vehicle lengths, .... to break the record.

Nutter,

Do you have anyone in mind to lead this congo line? It would have to be someone with patience, willing to obey the speed limit and occasionally have sleds backed up behind him. There may be a couple of sledders on this forum (actually, a few) ready , willing and able to accept this assignment :poke: :D:)

Slomo ..... 820 sleds for a continuous unbroken parade, with no gap exceeding two vehicle lengths, .... to break the record.

Nutter,

Do you have anyone in mind to lead this congo line? It would have to be someone with patience, willing to obey the speed limit and occasionally have sleds backed up behind him. There may be a couple of sledders on this forum (actually, a few) ready , willing and able to accept this assignment :poke: :D:)

Speed limit wouldn't of mattered as it could never be done on a trail, we had planned for our club founders to lead the pack, and planned for pacers about every 100 sleds with radio contact with each other, and a few out board pacers on each side of the line for emerg issues about every 200 sleds. Spent some time corresponding with the current record holding club, they gave some great advice on what they did wrong and how to better it. The key is in the speed of the staging and official logging of the riders (the whole process is best over viewed by notary publics to insure the record is official) then launching them in an orderly fashion, without loosing their attention or letting things get disorderly and unmanageable.

without loosing their attention or letting things get disorderly and unmanageable.

And you think folks on this forum fall into this category because....? :)

without loosing their attention or letting things get disorderly and unmanageable.

And you think folks on this forum fall into this category because....? :)

I wasn't worried about the folks on this form, or any of the forums, they'd be smart enough to read the instructional guidelines I prepared, but remember were talking close to or over 1000 people Canuck, not hard to have some get restless and unmanageable if things start take too long.

Nutter;

I'm a sigle father with 3 kids that use these trails every year. The 4 of us would be glad to help out if anything can be done to save any of these events. With the extreme weather change over the last couple of days, is there any way any of these may happen? I understand that the BRP 800 Etec event is scheduled for the 5th. This would be the only event we could not help with as I've volunteered my time at Sick Kids already. Any other event, we'd be glad to do what is necessary. I have access to a 48" wide, 4-wheel drive tractor with a front-end loader, rear blower, back hoe, snowblowers, trailer, 4 sleds if needed to assist. :idea:

Nutter;

I'm a sigle father with 3 kids that use these trails every year. The 4 of us would be glad to help out if anything can be done to save any of these events. With the extreme weather change over the last couple of days, is there any way any of these may happen? I understand that the BRP 800 Etec event is scheduled for the 5th. This would be the only event we could not help with as I've volunteered my time at Sick Kids already. Any other event, we'd be glad to do what is necessary. I have access to a 48" wide, 4-wheel drive tractor with a front-end loader, rear blower, back hoe, snowblowers, trailer, 4 sleds if needed to assist. :idea:

Kennyboy thanks a million for the offer, the BRP Demo day was planned for Saturday the 30th (yesterday) and Yamaha was to be today. We have Yamaha rebooked but no new date from BRP as of yet. The main reason for caneling isn't so much the weather now or ahead (even though things still are not looking up here in the long range), it's more for the weather we haven't yet, and all the riding and event oportunities the helping clubs have already missed. The amount of voluntees required to pull off the world record is well over 50, and the only way to get that many experianced with events is to use clubs and with the way this winter has been it just wouldn't be fair to take away a weekend from these other clubs and their volunteers.

But if your interested in helping with one of our other events, keep an eye on the trail work section of our club forums, I'll be posting whats needed in terms of volunteers there, the week prior to the events.

Again thanks :woot::woot:

Nutter;

Kennyboy thanks a million for the offer, the BRP Demo day was planned for Saturday the 30th (yesterday) and Yamaha was to be today. We have Yamaha rebooked but no new date from BRP as of yet. The main reason for caneling isn't so much the weather now or ahead (even though things still are not looking up here in the long range), it's more for the weather we haven't yet, and all the riding and event oportunities the helping clubs have already missed. The amount of voluntees required to pull off the world record is well over 50, and the only way to get that many experianced with events is to use clubs and with the way this winter has been it just wouldn't be fair to take away a weekend from these other clubs and their volunteers.

But if your interested in helping with one of our other events, keep an eye on the trail work section of our club forums, I'll be posting whats needed in terms of volunteers there, the week prior to the events.

Again thanks :woot::woot:

Thats a drag Nutter

I know you guys were pretty pumped for this event. I had met you guys in Barrie a few months back

Definatly a different season weather wise than last year. Maybe next year ??

Ron

Thanks Ron, hows things shaping up your way snow wise ?

Archived