Bracebridge to Kearny Ice Caves

Muskoka Man

I went up D-Trail from Bracebridge to Port Sydney to #50 trail to #88 and stayed on the 80 series trails to D-Trail east of Sprucedale and went past Kearny staying on D towards Sand Lake and back to BB , Got in 270 Kms of some excellant trails all the way there and back except for a little section south of Sprucedale , Trails will be getting soft if it warms up , hopefully anyone out riding in the next couple of days will stay off the throttle so the trails will survive untill a fresh snowfall comes as there is a nice base right now

MM

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

trails look awesome, thank for the pics.

Those ice caves look a lot like culverts. :wtf:

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or just having a bad day? :poke: :P

Obviously, Muskoka Man didn't include any pics of the ice caves themselves...I'll go way out on a limb here and suggest that those ARE culverts...the ones on D (Seguin) under Hwy. 11.

Those are HWY 11 culverts.............. if you look carefully you will see little pieces of helmet and windshield imbedded into the tops.............................. :D

No, no, UTS...you've got the wrong culverts -- the ones you mentioned are under Hwy. 11 at Port Sydney, where "...little pieces of helmet and windshield..." are quite common, courtesy of those riders who forgot to duck... :lol:

Those are HWY 11 culverts.............. if you look carefully you will see little pieces of helmet and windshield imbedded into the tops.............................. :D

:D

My helmet still bears the scars of the 'tunnel' that used to fill with snow on Highway 11 just south of Highway 12W in Orillia...

No, no, UTS...you've got the wrong culverts -- the ones you mentioned are under Hwy. 11 at Port Sydney, where "...little pieces of helmet and windshield..." are quite common, courtesy of those riders who forgot to duck... :lol:

Yep thats right... those are the ones close Kearny. The ones here in Port Syndey do bear the scars of helmets and windshields a plenty....

Not to worry, I had to take a second look as well, but then I realised... two sleds tracks overlapping??? Not possible in Port Sydney tunnels.... ;)

Yep thats right... those are the ones close Kearny. The ones here in Port Syndey do bear the scars of helmets and windshields a plenty....

Not to worry, I had to take a second look as well, but then I realised... two sleds tracks overlapping??? Not possible in Port Sydney tunnels.... ;)

Yes your right, I just saw the dreaded #11 highway tunnel's, got scared , peed myself and crawled into a fetal position........... :P

Went looking for the Ice Caves on Saturday with B-Bry and his lovely bride. Passed through the pictured culverts (Is there a smiley for sarcasm or facetiousness?), went around a large Big O pipe that had been popped up by frost. A volunteer who was checking trail passes told us the local club was on top of it. Stopped in Kearny for gas and eats at the Legion (lovely people by the way) where some other sledders told us we had another hour to go to the ice caves. As it was already late we headed back to Humphrey. Other than the Seguin the trails had deteriorated during the day. We'll try again another time. :cheers:

Went looking for the Ice Caves on Saturday with B-Bry and his lovely bride. Passed through the pictured culverts (Is there a smiley for sarcasm or facetiousness?), went around a large Big O pipe that had been popped up by frost. A volunteer who was checking trail passes told us the local club was on top of it. Stopped in Kearny for gas and eats at the Legion (lovely people by the way) where some other sledders told us we had another hour to go to the ice caves. As it was already late we headed back to Humphrey. Other than the Seguin the trails had deteriorated during the day. We'll try again another time. :cheers:

This would be the big O pipe, we were on our way back Sat. Prob passed you.

2749655780040319772S425x425Q85.jpg

More pics here

Yep that's it. I seem to remember someone with a pink outfit giong by at a high rate of speed. Were you out New Year's week end too? :wavey:

Yep that's it. I seem to remember someone with a pink outfit giong by at a high rate of speed. Were you out New Year's week end too? :wavey:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Don't you mean someone who drives really slow.

No this was our first time up there, but plan on heading that way again.

What trail are the Ice Caves on? Heading up that way tomorrow for the first time.

Thanks,

What trail are the Ice Caves on? Heading up that way tomorrow for the first time.

Thanks,

AL 301, which runs east off "D" just east of Sand Lake. As I recall, 301 is about 12 km out to the Ice Caves.

Thanks,

AL 301, which runs east off "D" just east of Sand Lake. As I recall, 301 is about 12 km out to the Ice Caves.

0004.jpg

irREV, look up, look up ! :P :poke: :P

Thanks,

0004.jpg

Yeah, thanks...(ahem)...as I said before, about 12 kms. :poke: :P

Unlike some, I can READ signs...even ones with words of more than one syllable! :lol:

Thanks,

0004.jpg

Yeah, thanks...(ahem)...as I said before, about 12 kms. :poke: :P

Unlike some, I can READ signs...even ones with words of more than one syllable! :lol:

We could put 12 bananas on the board :P :P

Thanks,

Im leaving Bracebridge tommorrow at 9 am and heading towards the Caves , -15 tonight and clear and sunny tommorrow :D:D if you see a 09 red Yamaha couch say Hi

Im going for a last rip before Mondays weather :o

was there wedn,,,great ride,,,

PIC09802.jpg

PIC09804.jpg

PIC09810.jpg

PIC09811.jpg

PIC09813.jpg

PIC09822.jpg

PIC09814.jpg

PIC09820.jpg

was there wedn,,,great ride,,,

PIC09802.jpg

PIC09804.jpg

PIC09810.jpg

PIC09811.jpg

PIC09813.jpg

PIC09822.jpg

PIC09814.jpg

PIC09820.jpg

Nice pics , it looks like the cold is holding the trails together , cant wait :)

Thanks,

Im leaving Bracebridge tommorrow at 9 am and heading towards the Caves , -15 tonight and clear and sunny tommorrow :D:D if you see a 09 red Yamaha couch say Hi

Im going for a last rip before Mondays weather :o

We're going up that way tomorrow as well, from Kearney...2 black XP Renegades...say "Hi" if you see us.

Do you know what the D is like north of Kearny ?

Thanks MM

Do you know what the D is like north of Kearny ?

Thanks MM

It was awesome the middle of last week, but we haven't been back there since. Last weekend's traffic and mild conditions may have changed that somewhat.

Archived