Best way around Lindsay?

iang

I want to take a trip up to Cameron (N. of Lindsay on the rail bed) and am wondering the best way through/around Lindsay. I'll be coming from the Ganaraska Forest. Is the trail up through Bethany the best way or should I just stay to the E108. Looking on the maps I don't see a trail going right through the town and heard it has banned sleds. Thanks

I don't see a trail going right through the town and heard it has banned sleds. Thanks

Can't help you on a routing, but yes from what I've been told Lindsay banned sleds a few years back. From what my work buddies have told me. Lindsay is the biggest seld haters in Ontario

Lindsay home of the widest streets and narrowest minds . Started as Purdy's mills employed many people when a plague came to town as well as many other towns at the same time someone blamed the mill pond so they broke the dam and burned down the mill. It has not gotten better .

Lindsay home of the widest streets and narrowest minds . Started as Purdy's mills employed many people when a plague came to town as well as many other towns at the same time someone blamed the mill pond so they broke the dam and burned down the mill. It has not gotten better .

not gotten better is an understatement,,,lots of drugs in that town,,,,lots of users too.

not gotten better is an understatement,,,lots of drugs in that town,,,,lots of users too.

And thats just the town fathers ! :puke:

So............ how does one get around/past/through Lindsay on a sled. I know someone who ran into that challenge last year and was taken by surprise.

Sounds like iang is trying to plan ahead - anyone here know the best way to do it ?

I want to take a trip up to Cameron (N. of Lindsay on the rail bed) and am wondering the best way through/around Lindsay. I'll be coming from the Ganaraska Forest. Is the trail up through Bethany the best way or should I just stay to the E108.

A Chinook helicopter?

I have run the same route as you plan Bethany to railbed in the middle of winter when the lakes are safe. A bit of dodgy running from the north end of the railbed to the boat launch then north to catch the other railbed east of HB Cycle.

Last year when we were rode up & back I see the railbed east of the big rail bridge over the river was gone for subdivision development. I had ridden it in the past to Omemee on my MTB. Has that part of the rail trail been reconstructed?

I don't think that town has a clue about tourism. You see lots of comments on the sled sites how people refuse to go to the CSRA races there because the town doesn't support sledding. Before CN started selling off their real estate there was an easy esat/west route, but I'm pretty sure it's blocked now by houses.

So............ how does one get around/past/through Lindsay on a sled. I know someone who ran into that challenge last year and was taken by surprise.

Sounds like iang is trying to plan ahead - anyone here know the best way to do it ?

a truck

e-108 would be best, as mentioned the rail trail from bethany ends in lindsay, but if you know the area you can follow the remnants of the trail up to cty rd 36 (beside tim hortons) from there run about 4-5 kms of ditches and get on the lake at pickeral point or snug harbour and run sturgeon lake over to mclarens creek bridge (e108).

I would just stick to e108

Well thank you everyone for your input. I guess the best way will be the E108. Longer route but I'm sure it is well signed....I'll figure it out. If we can just get a bit more snow now....

Well thank you everyone for your input. I guess the best way will be the E108. Longer route but I'm sure it is well signed....I'll figure it out. If we can just get a bit more snow now....

Not sure if trailering is an option but if it is head North of town on 35 (3 Mins.) and turn into a street called Kenrei rd, you can drop on the side of the road and hit the rail bed from there...

Otherwise unfortunatly E108 is the only way around Lyndsay and as much as I hate to say this (I used to own property there and still have family there) please DO NOT have lunch in town as a boycot for their stupid Anti Sled rules :crazy:

here) please DO NOT have lunch in town as a boycot for their stupid Anti Sled rules :crazy:

Agreed.

Very short-sighted of the town.

Good info. Viper (and others).

Not sure if trailering is an option but if it is head North of town on 35 (3 Mins.) and turn into a street called Kenrei rd, you can drop on the side of the road and hit the rail bed from there...

Otherwise unfortunatly E108 is the only way around Lyndsay and as much as I hate to say this (I used to own property there and still have family there) please DO NOT have lunch in town as a boycot for their stupid Anti Sled rules :crazy:

I have a trailer, just thought it would be a nice trip from down here and stay the night up at families near Cameron and back again the next day. Time isn't really an issue so I'll probably just leave a bit earlier and take the E108

• 3 weeks later...

I have a trailer, just thought it would be a nice trip from down here and stay the night up at families near Cameron and back again the next day. Time isn't really an issue so I'll probably just leave a bit earlier and take the E108

Your welcome to park at our clubhouse any time, whenever our trails are back open. www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com for address. Brian

Archived