paudash starting to open

blue er

:woot: won't be long know and we'll have them all open

Not a happy camper earlier this week:

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=355466

Some people should buy a clue. We had 6 inches of water under the 18" of snow behind our place after the storm + no frost in the ground. I saw a post somewhere on the 'net where somebody made a real mess of their sled breaking trail thru a swamp.

If he's the "volunteer of the year" like he makes out he is, maybe he should've called the club personally rather than spout off on a forum.

Also, doesn't the club have to make sure the signage is in place before they can open a trail? And we know that signs do disappear over the off season.

Not a happy camper earlier this week:

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=83

Some people should buy a clue. We had 6 inches of water under the 18" of snow behind our place after the storm + no frost in the ground. I saw a post somewhere on the 'net where somebody made a real mess of their sled breaking trail thru a swamp.

If he's the "volunteer of the year" like he makes out he is, maybe he should've called the club personally rather than spout off on a forum.

Also, doesn't the club have to make sure the signage is in place before they can open a trail? And we know that signs do disappear over the off season.

The link only connects to the forum, not a specific Thread - which thread is germane to your posting here?

Someone refers to him as Jamie.... I wonder if it the same person, Jamie Harrow, with Internet balls :crazy:

STG, I fixed the link in my post. Try it again.

I did. It is fixed. I wish I hadn't. Reading that kind of stuff makes my blood boil.

Dom, you're guessing Jamie Harrower ? For some reason I thought he was southwestern Ont, but maybe not. Could be him. It's that sort of stuff (and much worse) that got him bounced from this forum.

I did. It is fixed. I wish I hadn't. Reading that kind of stuff makes my blood boil.

Dom, you're guessing Jamie Harrower ? For some reason I thought he was southwestern Ont, but maybe not. Could be him. It's that sort of stuff (and much worse) that got him bounced from this forum.

Just put the attitude to the first name.....

Just put the attitude to the first name.....

Fits.

Love the MOR@&$ who figure that because there is snow on the ground, the trail should be open. I know (as many do) what the trails look like under the fresh white ribbon of snow. In Haliburton where I ride, there is mud, boulders, swamps, Canadian shield rock, steep drop offs and steep uphill climbs. Almost the worst place for a trail. Yet, if there is six inches of snow, the trail should be open in some peoples minds.

I read that thread and no wonder he was banned from here. That guy will be a statistic sadly enough.

Love the MOR@&$ who figure that because there is snow on the ground, the trail should be open. I know (as many do) what the trails look like under the fresh white ribbon of snow. In Haliburton where I ride, there is mud, boulders, swamps, Canadian shield rock, steep drop offs and steep uphill climbs. Almost the worst place for a trail. Yet, if there is six inches of snow, the trail should be open in some peoples minds.

I read that thread and no wonder he was banned from here. That guy will be a statistic sadly enough.

Amen... are they actually willing to wait for 6 inches of snow. I am sure that as they head down the trail and it is looking good then they suddenly hit a stretch of mud that just sucks them in because the ground didn't freeze up yet they go #$%^& snowmobile club... what is wrong with them? Can't they do anything !@#$ right. Patience is a virtue some don't have a lot of. Merry Christmas Fred Quimby. May Santa bring us all lots and lots of snow.

Right on He has no clue what hes ranting about a total a-- to claim most trails are forest road shows he does not know the system as 90% is private property.

I unloaded @ Tallans Lake & rode over to the Crowe River. The OHSR groomer has been to the other side of the bridge. Then I took E up to the Hwy 118 crossing. Good conditions on the "roads" are good. In the bush it's OK, could do w/ a touch more snow to fill in the "holes".

Groomer hasn't been north of 118.

All in all a couple of hours riding & 60 klicks in the books.

There are a couple of new gates on TOP E west of the Crowe River (north of Rose Island Rd.). I have heard the landowner has been having problems w/ ATVs trespassing. If you know of anyone who ATVs in the Clydesdale area, tell them to stay OFF the sled trails!

Finally, if you're crossing Tallans Lake (nobody has run the lake yet) this winter be aware that there's a swimming platform a fair distance out from east shore close to where the "beaten down track" is.

There should be a MNR reg' that they have to be tied up to shore in the fall & not left out in the lake. Used to be 1 left out in 1 of the bays of Chandos along Hwy. 504. I dodn't see it last winter, so I don't know if they brought it in or someone burnt it. .

Some pics along TOP E

136_7773b62c8f03ba72f49d2969165af122

136_7f404c87140784a2bd3e55ae9c111459

136_41665bb1e907cbcf6766a3485c640ac0

136_b8b797af93153dbf58ad6dac93191764

Very nice pics! For so early in the season too. Looks like well into Winter for the most part.

Archived