Anyone have condition information Huntsville and Area???

skidoo700jay

Just wondering if anyone has been up that way, did they really get 4 feet???

There's a webcam at Silver Lake (15 miles south of Parry Sound) at http://www.twp.seguin.on.ca/docs/webcam ... height=831.

Just wondering if anyone has been up that way, did they really get 4 feet???

Yep! In parts... Here in Port Sydney we have 3ft plus, Bracebridge has maybe 5ft, there was 2 ft fresh this morning at Taylor Rd. The highway from Bracebridge was closed and bmper to bumper parked transports all the way to Gravenhurst. Even tonight at 5 pm there was only one lane open... Lots and Lots of snow!

S

How I wish there would be that much snow here in Ottawa. I might have to make a trip up to Minden soon, once the trails open.

And...............we had some more today :D

Somewhere between 5 and 10 cm. I'd say, 8.6 cm. ;)

umm what did you measure it with a micrometer ?

I'd say today's fall was somewhere between 5 and 10. Did you get more over your way ?

And...............we had some more today :D

Somewhere between 5 and 10 cm. I'd say, 8.6 cm. ;)

umm what did you measure it with a micrometer ?

I'd say today's fall was somewhere between 5 and 10. Did you get more over your way ?

About the same .

Most are packing. Without any frost in the ground it's tough. And the swamps were not frozen when all this snow hit. There are not too many trails in D7 that are not going through lots of wet areas. It will be a while before most of the trails are open but the clubs are working on them. There are some cold nights coming later this week but there is a four foot blanket of insulation. Let's hope some are open for New Years and if it happens sooner then it will be good news.

Most are packing. Without any frost in the ground it's tough. And the swamps were not frozen when all this snow hit. There are not too many trails in D7 that are not going through lots of wet areas. It will be a while before most of the trails are open but the clubs are working on them. There are some cold nights coming later this week but there is a four foot blanket of insulation. Let's hope some are open for New Years and if it happens sooner then it will be good news.

Huntsville is all swamps so its going to be awhile unless the backroads are decent then you can straight up to the sguin from the west side of 11 in about 20 minutes or so.........

The roads are awsome .. I had to run the truck in to Sprucedale last Sunday, more sleds on the roads than cars. Just be careful of the all the downed trees, on and at the edge of the roads...

Was up on the weekend, lots of snow, My bay(peacock bay) has frozen over slightly, didnt get all the wood stacked away - dang woodcutter guy gave me too much.

next 5 days looks promising with High temps of -10,-12,-8,-7,-12 with much colder overnite temps,,Im hoping we can ride a little over the holidays...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived