wawa and area getting hammered!!!

skidooboy

I had a few drinks but I wouldn't say hammered.

oh snow, Ya we got more at once than i've seen in many many years.

Intant winter.

This is what your car would look like if you didn't drive it today.

carinsnow.jpg

need a bigger pic of that gord!

how did the rest of the region fare? did dub, and montreal river way get similar amounts of lake effect? ski

Reports of -19C at 4:00am while going to work!! :woot: Plenty of snow on the ground.. we had to shovel the driveway twice yesterday! Fell asleep on the couch.. Guess what kind of noise woke me up at 11pm?? :o Will post some pics of the river this afternoon.. Great scenery!! I'm going for a snow walk!! :wavey:

Winter started on DEC 1st in Dub'ville this year! Kids will get to enjoy some snow for Xmas!

They said on Global TV Sat' @ 6 that areas along the east side of Superior had got around 45 cm (17 inches).

I think we're in the high 50's around here.

Didn't take any pics today. To much snow to move to take a break.

Ski, the logging roads would be awesome running right now.

fire em up.

Boy if the Soo received any of that last storm it would be time to break trail to WaWa. Haven't heard anything from Half way. Gail any news from Halfway.

Yeah I was mad when I looked at the radar and saw snow north of the sault, and snow east of the sault (I heard Iron Bridge got a foot)

This Wednesday will be our day!!! I know it! lol.... but yeah a storm is supposed to go through the area... winds out of the NorthWest...that's what we need.

Boy if the Soo received any of that last storm it would be time to break trail to WaWa. Haven't heard anything from Half way. Gail any news from Halfway.

Not much in the Soo I hear.

Wawa total was supposed to be 62cm from that storm.

with the big lake open and warm, and this colorado low on the way... you guys are expected to get 20 cms or more from this storm, and 20 more by the weekend. lake effect could make this even bigger.

with the 60cms on the ground already, you might break the 100cm mark by the weekend.

you guys stay safe. keep us updated. ski

Copy and paste this link on browser then click on small pic

> to get to gallery then on left or right edge of the pic

> to get the next pic.

>

> We sure got nailed...one dump.

>

>

>

>

Great Pics! Hope it lasts!

Pic 10 has me scratching my head a bit. Looks like theirs some glass plate there just begging a snowmachine to ride through. ??? (View seems distorted.)

Pic 14 - Cree don't believe in Sandy Clause?

Those lake pics bother me! However - prolly have much better and quicker ice if she pops now.

Sam told me told me a cpl days ago that it seems nutz that you git this big dump and we're not storm chasin' this yr. :whatever:

I"m not worried about the lakes they'll freeze like they normally do especially with the cold night we've been having and colder ones coming.

-20c this morning.

The swamps are another story. We need sleds to run them before we venture out.

Not sure what your seeing in pic 10 Ox, it's the lake with ice forming in the shallow area.

Lots in the Soo now and it's still coming down really good..Did the driveway twice yesterday..The only problem with all this snow is that nothing is frozen underneath...But I couldn't see a problem riding from Searchmont to Half way Haven....

Frost isn't really an issue untill you git to the KB River N of Dubre all the way from The Soo. That is the first water crossing.

Archived