BRP backs down

FreezerBurnt

Using other oil will not void your warranty

:coffeenose: Looks like BRP/Ski-Doo has realize they can't strong hold owners as to the oil they can use

Geeze I never would have guessed! Thanks for the info Freezie!

FB, post this up in the other forums you're on. Let folks know what's up.

Dealers love to strong arm people on this issue. Once you tell them what they said to you is illegal and demonstrated you know the laws they always backdown. Most people have no idea about the oil issue. This law has been around for sometime.

Dealers love to strong arm people on this issue.

This law has been around for sometime.

I know dealers that sell other brands of oil besides the BRP stuff. Another dealer I've dealt w/ used to sell bulk Castrol injector oil cheaper if you brought in your own jugs.

I wonder if the dealers you're talking about are too lazy to stock aftermarket oils that customers want.

In the US that is. I don't know if there is an equivalent in Canada or not.

When I picked up my new sled there was a BRP document I was asked to sign that basically said I could never hold BRP liable for my use of the sled. And my family or estate could not either. Not that I plan on suing if I am act like an idiot and get hurt, but if there is a defect in the sled that causes my injury, I would.

Interesting Dom it must not be the same at each dealer....i just picked up a new sled and signed nothing

they know the ones that need to sign,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: J/K

Archived