Tobermory Club

Faceman

Just had a great chat with one of the members of the Tobermory group. He was informing me of all of the swamp work that they have been doing this fall ( 390 12 logs in one wet hole ) etc and the widening to 12 feet of the main trail. He further advises that gas will NOT be an issue this year and the same with accomodations..All is good for sledding to the Tub this winter. They are in the process of developing a website but until that is up and running he will forward and I'll update on the Stoney Keppel Riders website. :D:D

Good news face, I ride out of Sauble allot but we have never gone north as it always seems that the snow conditions are better to the south if ya can believe that.

Might have to do a trip north this year

We've also never passed Collingwood (via Midland, Wasaga Beach).

Heading north through Meaford, Owen Sound to Torbermory (or via Lake Huron side / Sauble Beach) would be interesting, to say the least.

That's excellent news Faceman. One of these days we are planning to head back to that area and this time make it up to Tub!! :wavey:

Hey Leanne. How's things??? The trip to the Tub is very pretty as is Tobermory itself.And yes , the Bruce doesn't always get the full force of Mother Nature due to it proximity to Huron and Georgian Bay....As to SKR website, it would appear it might have been kidnapped again :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:wavey: For those of you heading to Tobermory this winter you might want to check and see if the gas station at Miller Lake is open and what the hours are. The last time I was through there on a sled the owners considered closing for the winter. You probably can't make it from Lions Head to the Tub without stopping. :coffeenose:

Hey Leanne. How's things??? The trip to the Tub is very pretty as is Tobermory itself.And yes , the Bruce doesn't always get the full force of Mother Nature due to it proximity to Huron and Georgian Bay....As to SKR website, it would appear it might have been kidnapped again :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hey Randy - check the Hot Tub for "the Sign" ;):wavey::wavey: Say Hello to the Lovely L for me :wavey:

:wavey: For those of you heading to Tobermory this winter you might want to check and see if the gas station at Miller Lake is open and what the hours are. The last time I was through there on a sled the owners considered closing for the winter. You probably can't make it from Lions Head to the Tub without stopping. :coffeenose:

Miller Lake is open but.....I don't know of too many sleds that couldn't make that run on one tank (maybe a juiced T-Cat1000) :umno::umno::umno:

• 4 weeks later...

:coffeenose: I remember one time...through that stretch...great riding, but the nerves were a little on edge, with respect to the fuel.

But if there open now, that would be reason to go back...nothing like riding up there, once you pass meaford everything seems to change for the better

There are no issues with fuel whatsoever up here. Next to the fact that some might be ethanol :o:o:o that is!

And on a side note....for those who like to rock...that is what you will get if you try and sled here anytime in the near future...ROCK. Please be patient..

Thanks

SB... born and raised..family roots near the Tub, raised Wiarton area ,15 yrs in Toronto,now hang out just east of Shallow Lake fall,winter and spring and Manitulian the rest.. coming north???

Hope our paths cross :wavey: ..........Roots are from the tub, great grandfather homesteaded the tip of the Bruce. Still spend all my spare time there except in the winter then its the north channel and up. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Now what could possibly have caused a fellow grey-brucer to move to the states?

I married an American cottager, that's when I was young and naive. I didn't know women always get there way. Happy Wife Happy Life ;);)

Now what could possibly have caused a fellow grey-brucer to move to the states?

I married an American cottager, that's when I was young and naive. I didn't know women always get there way. Happy Wife Happy Life ;);)

Ah yes... how true. Women rule the world they just don't realize or maybe they do. Another wonderful phrase that women live by. "I love you're perfect now change."

Archived