zrtkat & crew still in Wawa

zrtkat

Hi everyone we are still in Wawa, I checked the weather this morning and it was showing rain in the soo so I got scared and decided to stay in Wawa another night just in case we had to head back to the truck. We just got in and I checked the weather and it looks like maybe a little warmup one day and icy and snow so we are heading on tommorrow to hornepayne :D the crew is mad at me and said next year no computer ,because I worry too much.

Wawa001.jpg

So first thing this morning we where at jonesy polaris shop and he changed my oil on my FST,thanks for the great service and we where off to dubrileville,so we where coming back to Wawa so we traveled light no saddlebags or computer to haul around.

Wawa005.jpg

here we are on the Magpie first time on there it was a nice ride across there lots of ice fisherman,and plenty of things to look at we really enjoyed the ride.So we made it too dubrielville but not before we got checked by the patrol again,I know them guys by their first names :) so we had lunch and no BIG REG or Groomer guy the crew was looking for them to say hello.

Wawa006.jpg

so we left there heading to Wawa well we did n ot bring a trail map and we headed the wrong way towards White River so after a while we realized we had made a wrong turn so we headed back towards Dub,so we made it back and we decided we should go in to town and fuel up before we headed back.

So we where just going into town and there was Big Reg putting up some trail signs on the trail so we stopped and talked for a short while and he told me we should be ok with the weather so we are heading out tommorrow to ride. It was a pleasure to finnaly meet Big Reg ,now the only one left is the Groomer guy,who knows maybe tommorrow when we are heading to Hornepayne we will meet.

So we are heading back to Wawa now we are on the right trail

chapleautoWawa021.jpg

Wawa014.jpg

we are just at the end of Wawa lake and yes I see the red flashing lights again yes the patrol they stop us again ask about the alcohol no we do not drink while riding ,so we told him we just met them earlier in Dub so he waved us on and told us to get out of here so that is what is planned for tommorrow.

zrtkat and crew are heading to Hornepayne in morning then to Kapuskasing hope we can get a room in the kap.

will up-date tommorrow night from Hornepayne

have a great night (sorry about the lack of good pictures I was stressed out about the weather I promise to do better tommorrow.

zrtkat

http://i138.photobucket

sorry about the double post :cry:

Hi everyone we are still in Wawa, I checked the weather this morning and it was showing rain in the soo so I got scared and decided to stay in Wawa another night just in case we had to head back to the truck. We just got in and I checked the weather and it looks like maybe a little warmup one day and icy and snow so we are heading on tommorrow to hornepayne :D the crew is mad at me and said next year no computer ,because I worry too much.

Wawa001.jpg

So first thing this morning we where at jonesy polaris shop and he changed my oil on my FST,thanks for the great service and we where off to dubrileville,so we where coming back to Wawa so we traveled light no saddlebags or computer to haul around.

Wawa005.jpg

here we are on the Magpie first time on there it was a nice ride across there lots of ice fisherman,and plenty of things to look at we really enjoyed the ride.So we made it too dubrielville but not before we got checked by the patrol again,I know them guys by their first names :) so we had lunch and no BIG REG or Groomer guy the crew was looking for them to say hello.

Wawa006.jpg

so we left there heading to Wawa well we did n ot bring a trail map and we headed the wrong way towards White River so after a while we realized we had made a wrong turn so we headed back towards Dub,so we made it back and we decided we should go in to town and fuel up before we headed back.

So we where just going into town and there was Big Reg putting up some trail signs on the trail so we stopped and talked for a short while and he told me we should be ok with the weather so we are heading out tommorrow to ride. It was a pleasure to finnaly meet Big Reg ,now the only one left is the Groomer guy,who knows maybe tommorrow when we are heading to Hornepayne we will meet.

So we are heading back to Wawa now we are on the right trail

chapleautoWawa021.jpg

Wawa014.jpg

we are just at the end of Wawa lake and yes I see the red flashing lights again yes the patrol they stop us again ask about the alcohol no we do not drink while riding ,so we told him we just met them earlier in Dub so he waved us on and told us to get out of here so that is what is planned for tommorrow.

zrtkat and crew are heading to Hornepayne in morning then to Kapuskasing hope we can get a room in the kap.

will up-date tommorrow night from Hornepayne

have a great night (sorry about the lack of good pictures I was stressed out about the weather I promise to do better tommorrow.

zrtkat

http://i138.photobucket

Can't rely on the weathernetwork!!! :banghead:

There's quite a few places to stay in Kap. Apollo is right next door to Casey's good food! You can get breakfast right next door also, can't remember the name of that restaurant!

Or if you follow the main trail, there's all kinds of places to stay along there, Comfort Inn. Park Inn (I think) etx.........We always stay at the Apollo, ask for the Suite.............it's huge!!! :shock: He has a garage that he allows you to park you're sled in, it's not heated but you can park them there for the night. 5$ per sled, I think. We parked them at outside our room, but friends of ours parked them in the garage.

thanks Evil we had reservations at the comfort Inn but when I was worried about the weather and cancelled our room and tried to make them the next night they said they where full. so I will call them from hornepayne to see if they had any cancellations if not we will go the the apollo and try them out.

thank-you

zrtkat

Hey zrtkat. Great report!! You will luv the dville to hornpayne ride. Wow! How ya like luc & reg's trails? Luc owns the quiki mart. Maybe luc can put up a "welcome zrtkat sign". You gotta meet luc! Happy trails, rick via blackberry from the boathouse

I deleted my post on the other thread and will post it here.

----------

Good grief!

You gots "GUILTY OF SOMETHIN" tatood on your foreheads or what? :shock:

We were around Wawa for three days last weekend - but no-one out patroling at -25*. LOL!

Evena bit of a warmup shouldn't hurt you too bad. Worst case would be you may need the motel manager to send someone to pick one of you up in Searchmont.

"You worry too bloody much!"

LuvMyViper I love the trails around here,maybe tommorrow we will meet the groomer guy.

OX the patrol seems to follow me around LOL I know I worry to much thats why I am losing my hair :D

have a great night

zrtkat

Great report ZRTKAT

Archived