2010 Model Release Discussion

skidooer

The bunny is not Grumpy, just a realist!

I was discussing the new sleds. I said they are all the same bs as last year with new graphics. Wow!

Ski-doo, Arctic Crap, Yamahaha and Poolaris are all going to have a real hard time selling their non-currents and never mind new models. The only person who is going to benefit is the purchaser who with very little money will get into a fantastic sled. Non-currents and used sleds are going for decent dollars. People are still asking big cash but the odd person will get a fantastic deal. Like I did. I actually turned a profit on moving and reselling my sleds this year and cannot be happier with my 600SDI.

If I was in themarket for a new(er) sled I would get a great deal for between 6-8k......

As for the new sleds, I cannot fathom how people will get all excited about sleds that cost big cash with little or no refinements or large changes from last year. Yes the Rush is a different animal but am I excited about it? No!

Horizontally mounted shocks do not work as well as vertically mounted shocks and I think the Rush has some real issues. Not to mention ordering new sleds from a manufacturer who at best is a month away from Bankruptcy.

The future is bleak and not in the favour of the manufacturer or retailer.

I doubt that Polaris is anywhere near bankrupt . They sell a pile of ATVs not sure of how the victory motorcycle does. And of all of the manufacturers Polaris and Yamaha seem to have the fewest non-current leftover sleds . Ski-doo and Cat seem to have a bundle of sleds in the pipeline. It would be interesting to be a rep trying to convince dealers that they must buy a smit load of load of sleds . It seems that the industry has gone through this cycle before and likely will again. It would be best for the industry if they all survive as competition makes them all stronger. One area that they all seem too dense to see is that none of them are making a "340" class entry level sled and indeed we are seeing a demand for these 60mph maximum sleds for folks kids as all of the 550/570 fan cooled sleds are 90mph sleds and too fast for most fearless teens .

Gm, Ford, Daimler Chrysler are all near Chapter 11

And Polaris is somehow well and good. I doubt that!

Their Victory line is sketcy(great bikes but not well recieved). ATV sales are in a decline. And their sled sales are not even close to anyone else. Their has been rumblings for the last few years about Poolaris closing its sled division.

I see the Rush as a last ditch effort to bring them back. If the Rush doesnt flock people to the showrooms then I believe curtains will be closed.

As for fan sleds, the difference is negligible. But you can build a fan sled as an entry level piece and a piece that people would purchase as a second sled. I think that it was inevitable that the 340cc sleds would be gone.

The GSX LE for $13k does not come with Gas shocks!!!!!!! :evil::evil:

Domino I couldn't believe this when I saw it either. They raised the price of the GSX LE by $300 and removed the HPG's and put the cheap motion control shocks on it. They should be making an extra $800 off of every GSX LE sold for 2010. Left over 09 GSX LE's are the way to go.

I'm not sure why ski-doo cheaps out on the shocks on the luxury touring sleds, 1up or 2up. Rebuildable gas shocks on a high miler touring machine is every bit as important as the shocks on an X package. Yamaha seems to realize this with their GT models.

Whats really killing sled sales is Global warming. Is anyone going to the shell out 10+K for only a few weeks ride? I considered an upgrade this year but thats a lot of dough for the little bit of riding I get to do. Especially if my sled is running fine now. With my low miles I can hang on to my GTX for 3-4 more years.

Years ago the snowblower guys were offering rebates if there was not enough snowfall during the season.

Maybe the sled dealers should consider a deal like that. Or maybe give away gas cards based on how far you gotta trailer to find snow.

I could make a mint that way. :lol:

If I think about the short season when buying a new sled, I have to get psychiatric help. :wtf:

So I just don't think about it... :wavey:

The GSX LE for $13k does not come with Gas shocks!!!!!!! :evil::evil:

Domino I couldn't believe this when I saw it either. They raised the price of the GSX LE by $300 and removed the HPG's and put the cheap motion control shocks on it. They should be making an extra $800 off of every GSX LE sold for 2010. Left over 09 GSX LE's are the way to go.

I'm not sure why ski-doo cheaps out on the shocks on the luxury touring sleds, 1up or 2up. Rebuildable gas shocks on a high miler touring machine is every bit as important as the shocks on an X package. Yamaha seems to realize this with their GT models.

Someone on Dootalk is claiming its a misprint and it the site will be revised. I highly doubt that since the pictures of the LE clearly show black shocks. At a minimum, they were going to pull this crap and may change their minds. What little pea brains they have anyways.

Archived