Help PSSD

sledjunk

Please see the attached announcement posted on behalf of Wildbill for the benefit of Parry Sound Snowmobile District.

This was first announced at the OC4K ride on the weekend.

Snowmobile1.jpg

Snowmobile2.jpg

Come on now. Lets hear the whole story. The OFSC DID indeed help them out financially and they have three years to pay the fine. With an extension if necessary. Not that people shouldn't help out but they need everything out in the open so they can make a sound decision.

Come on now. Lets hear the whole story. The OFSC DID indeed help them out financially and they have three years to pay the fine. With an extension if necessary. Not that people shouldn't help out but they need everything out in the open so they can make a sound decision.

X2 .......

Once people who are concerned start talking to their Gov's about this I'm sure transparency of the financial help received from the OFSC will come out. I know I will be looking into it....... and I probably wont be happy about what I find ? Lets say this morning while I was out running around doing club stuff, I was to get a speeding ticket, or worse cause/have an accident, injuring myself and/or someone else, should permit dollars from all clubs province wide be financialy responsible for my decisions/mistakes or accidents ?? It was terrible thing that happend to Michael, and to all who sit on the exec of the PSSD, and I defianatly think we all should help in some way the best we can, but help without crossing the lines that muddy the waters of what we the controlling volunteers mandate the OFSC to do for us as our admin umbrella.

If you know the whole story, why don't you post it?

I know I will be looking into it....... and I probably wont be happy about what I find ?
Well, why not let us know when you find out.....

Whether through bad luck or design, the PSSD needs some help. Posting inuendo at this point sure doesn't help. I'm not a golfer, but I'll match Canuck's generous donation of $250 or so made last Saturday night.

OK I am about to put my neck on the line here but as a Founder of a Non Profit Organization myself I totally rely on Volunteers. I would like to know just what it is exactly that you think the club is with-holding here.

Do you know something that we do not, and better yet can you back it up with fact?

I am NOT calling you out dude I am simply asking questions.

The way I see it a man tragically DIED while operating a groomer and it was ruled that there was NO Health & Safety Policy in place within the Club so they got fined for that. Name me ONE club that had a safety policy in place prior to this tragic event!

All OFSC Clubs are volunteer organizations that bust their asses for the trails that we have and they are all a potential target for this fine in the future which is in my mind is an unjust fine!

You seem to know allot more than most of us "Joe Public" knows about this situation so if you don't mind I would like to hear what you know, with your corresponding back up of course!

Thanks

If you know the whole story, why don't you post it?

I know I will be looking into it....... and I probably wont be happy about what I find ?
Well, why not let us know when you find out.....

Whether through bad luck or design, the PSSD needs some help. Posting inuendo at this point sure doesn't help. I'm not a golfer, but I'll match Canuck's generous donation of $250 or so made last Saturday night.

Slomo no inuendo in my post ?? and I have no issue with posting anything I know or can and will find out.

The OFSC either did help financially or they didn't, and from what I heard they did, contrary to what was written in the letter ......... Next Dist meeting I'll ask our Gov for an amount, and who ok'd it be given and under what pretext and reasoning it was given.

Well, the simple fact of the matter is that the PSSD needs $43,000.00 in less than two years, there's a local initiative to raise it...(been up there for years and not exactly sure where the Sandy Plains Variety is....) and I'm shaking my head that people that do such a fine job in their own regions would even bother to bring up unsubstantiated information in the face of what is a good cause. :wtf:

As Viper stated earlier, the incident could have happened to any club.

Ok enough of the back and forth and down to meat and potatoes .

-Micheal Ryman died

-The manual would not have prevented this he did something he was trained not to do

-The fine was around $43,000.00

-The conviction was for not having a book not for in any way contributing to his death

-The OFSC is not participating in the paying of the fine

-Most clubs would have been caught in the same situation

-PSSD needs your help

-The prizes will be large I have heard rumours of sleds etc.

-It will be a great time

-RRE (Jen and myself) WILL contribute towards any OC teams therefore lowering your cost

-please help get rid of this bureaucratic weight around the PSSD's neck so that this can be put behind them .

-Stop the politics we need to stand together.

Ok enough of the back and forth and down to meat and potatoes .

-Micheal Ryman died

-The manual would not have prevented this he did something he was trained not to do

-The fine was around $43,000.00

-The conviction was for not having a book not for in any way contributing to his death

-The OFSC is not participating in the paying of the fine

-Most clubs would have been caught in the same situation

-PSSD needs your help

-The prizes will be large I have heard rumours of sleds etc.

-It will be a great time

-RRE (Jen and myself) WILL contribute towards any OC teams therefore lowering your cost

-please help get rid of this bureaucratic weight around the PSSD's neck so that this can be put behind them .

-Stop the politics we need to stand together.

Bill you forgot to mention the OFSC did participate in helping pay the legals, but is in a conflict of interest to help pay the fines with permit money.

I agree we should all help to help the PSSD with this situation. Myself I will be making a motion with our club that we put out a donation call at our Poker Run this Saturday, and match what's collected with moneys we raised with club fund raising this season and seasons past (as we did for the Micheal Ryman Memorial Trail Fund). But it would be nice to see the comment about the OFSC not contributing towards the fine taken out of that letter, IMO it's a bit of a slam to our umbrella org that has hands tied when it come to helping paying fines with permit dollars.

Well, the simple fact of the matter is that the PSSD needs $43,000.00 in less than two years, there's a local initiative to raise it...(been up there for years and not exactly sure where the Sandy Plains Variety is....) and I'm shaking my head that people that do such a fine job in their own regions would even bother to bring up unsubstantiated information in the face of what is a good cause. :wtf:

As Viper stated earlier, the incident could have happened to any club.

Sandy Plains is in Humphrey Towmship off 141 east on Sandy Plains rd.

I agree we should all help to help the PSSD with this situation. Myself I will be making a motion with our club that we put out a donation call at our Poker Run this Saturday, and match what's collected with moneys we raised with club fund raising this season and seasons past (as we did for the Micheal Ryman Memorial Trail Fund)

A great and inspired gesture.....join me in a standing ovation for Nutter and the PPSC.....good riding this weekend!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

(couldn't find the 'hand clapping' picture)

I agree we should all help to help the PSSD with this situation. Myself I will be making a motion with our club that we put out a donation call at our Poker Run this Saturday, and match what's collected with moneys we raised with club fund raising this season and seasons past (as we did for the Micheal Ryman Memorial Trail Fund)

A great and inspired gesture.....join me in a standing ovation for Nutter and the PPSC.....good riding this weekend!

We'll join in on the applause! Thanks Nutter & everyone at PPSC! Best wishes this weekend! :cheers:

We'll join in on the applause! Thanks Nutter & everyone at PPSC! Best wishes this weekend! :cheers:

Thank you Nutter and PPSC your help is appreciated.

Archived