The Road to Rosseau....

MXZ Mike

Does anyone know if they might be getting at the Rosseau to Seguin Falls trail (C102) ?

Lots of snow and lots of cold but it doesn't like trail grooming has begun? Some cottagers appear to have cut through some deadfall, but just enough for snow machines to get through which makes me think that section hasn't seen a groomer yet (or very recently)?

Thx Bill! That's great, as I was hoping to do it next weekend. Mmmm...I can almost taste that Crossroads burger now. Will double check OFSC trail conditions prior to heading out of course, but thanks again for the heads up.

Nice pic Freddydoo...and I must say, that looks just plain nasty!!

Hopefully Wildbill's grapevine is right and they get at it this week....and hopefully before the cold snap to help drive the cold into the ground. To have that wash-out with this much snow and cold already, it will likely take a deep freeze to ice that sluice way up!

Oddly coincidental.:D

I wasn't on that trip, but still shudder when I read those words.

Weren't you voted off the island? (at least the route planning committee?)

:lol:

Oddly coincidental.:D

I wasn't on that trip, but still shudder when I read those words.

Weren't you voted off the island? (at least the route planning committee?)

:lol:

Members of the ISLAGIATT Tour don't sled like Pansies. And we're Proud of it :!::D

Hey STG! Does that look familiar? :poke:

Nah! Too shallow! :poke:

Oddly coincidental. I was planning for that trail to be part of a route in a few weeks' time. :D

The ISLAGIATT Tour Route-Planning Committee* would likely endorse that selection... :wavey:

* [pansies need not apply]

Not to continue the thread hijack but....

We will be 2-up-ing again this year (control yourself Irreverent ;) )....please be nice to me STG!!!!

Hey, Mrs. M., really sorry to hear that :( ...what happened?...I thought you'd said you were going to pilot your own sled this year.

We will be 2-up-ing again this year (control yourself Irreverent ;) )....please be nice to me STG!!!!

What makes you think we'll be asking STG to lead the group this year? :crazy:

STG where did you lead your flock ?

Past a sheep farm!!!!

Can you think of someone else to take that job? Geez!

Past a sheep farm!!!!

Are you volunteering...??? :poke: :poke:

Last year I don't think they groomed this all year. If they do this year it is a nice trail. It is in fact the bottom part of the old Nippising Road . A colonization road that went to Lake Nippising from Rosseau. The 310 and 320 feed off it, if they are still being groomed. it hits the Seguin trail at Seguin Falls. Lots of history in this area, the Seguin River being the one that fead the logging mills in Parry Sound. It's amazing to think of all the logs that came down the Seguin and the Magnetwan river.

Past a sheep farm!!!!

Are you volunteering...??? :poke: :poke:

:whatever:

I nominate you! :poke: :poke:

Phil, I agree it is a beautiful trail section that should be opened but I do see the challenges to try to get it going. I was with the rider who took that picture and that section was the smoothest part LOLOL. We found many trees across the trail that didn't make the river. I think it took us @ 4 1/2 hrs from Rosseau to Seguin back to Humprey.

Lots of snow to work with back in the bush through there. I hope they work on it. Otherwise after 2 years not opened and a 3rd year of growth it may be lost.

I was with the rider who took that picture and that section was the smoothest part LOLOL

Revxp800...sorry about your luck :))))

It really is a great trail from what I remember...and perhaps this year might just have to be my first year as a volunteer afterall! I'd be willing to help out rather than lose that trail forever.

How many fallen trees was that again :) LOL??

Archived