Trails Opening

lillabellelodge

Most of the Cochrane area trails will likely open Monday the 22nd.They are mostly all groomed and marked.The A103 from Cochrane to Frazerdale won't be open until after christmas.This is the first time since we have been here that the trails opened this early.Just have a few local trails to get done next week and everthing will be ready to go.

That's great news Rod :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

The SledHeads are just finalizing our plans now for the dates we will be up there this year. Looks like we might be making an earlier trip this year :D:D:D

:woot:

Thanks Rod. It's always good reading your report. Hope to come up to your place for the first time this winter.

Thanks Rod. It's always good reading your report. Hope to come up to your place for the first time this winter.

I take it your from Ohio. I live in Berlin Center, it's between Youngstown and Akron. When do you plan on heading north? Mabey me and my crew will see you up there.

Most of the Cochrane area trails will likely open Monday the 22nd.They are mostly all groomed and marked.The A103 from Cochrane to Frazerdale won't be open until after christmas.This is the first time since we have been here that the trails opened this early.Just have a few local trails to get done next week and everthing will be ready to go.

Thanks Rod,hope to see you guys this year.

Merry Christmas to u and Kim,

later,HM.Bob :wavey:

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum.

Heres hoping everyone has a happy and safe holiday season.

Rod & Kim

Lillabelle Lodge

Merry Christmas to you and Kim also ....

see ya in jan or feb

Brad

What dates AO ?

STG. We're planning on being there in in Early March, exact date TBD. I will know in soon, I'm having some trouble plaaning the western portion of our trip. We need to get from Wawa to Longlac in 2 riding days. Any advice about where to have the long day, from Wawa to .... or on the western portion, (Terrace Bay and west of there)?

AO if you really wanted to, you could ride from wawa to white river, white river to manitouwadge, and mani direct to longlac/klotz lake in one day. roughly looking at 325 miles one way. mani to wawa down the magpie, not going to dub was 225. food for thought. ski

AO if you really wanted to, you could ride from wawa to white river, white river to manitouwadge, and mani direct to longlac/klotz lake in one day. roughly looking at 325 miles one way. mani to wawa down the magpie, not going to dub was 225. food for thought. ski

Thanks ski.

We wouold like to ride the western portion of "D"; Terrace Bay, Beardmore, Geralton, etc. We have never been that far west. Our original plan was to go from Wawa to Terrace Bay, then Terrace Bay to Klotz, each day being about 260 miles. We heard that those areas might not be the type of trails for higher milage days. Can you, or anyone confirm and suggest an alternative. We'll be coming in from Bruce Mines to Wawa. Can that trip be extended to help shorten the western portion? 10 hour days are okay, we don't stop too much; lunch, gas and a couple of short breaks.

Thanks,

Most of the trails survived the meltdown and we got 15-20 cm of snow yesterday. We didn't get much rain but got as high as +7 during the day on saturday and was +2 sunday morning before dropping to -13 yesterday afternoon. Will find out from the club later today what is going on and post later.

Had 3 groomers out on monday and 1 yesterday. The BR is out packing the A103 trail to Fraserdale so it shouldn't be too much longer until that is open. The A103 as far as the ice bridge is open and we put up the signage yesterday so that section is ready to go. We have lots of snow probably around 3 feet when you get off the trail. If anyone needs any info give me a call.

That's great news Rod! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Happy New Year to you and Kim - and Belle :Dcountdown_cheers.gif See you next year!

The A103 trail from Cochrane should be listed as open this week. The groomer went up yesterday so it should be on the way back today as it is a 12 hour trip one way. Will have to go by sled this week and put up some signage and do some brushing and it will be ready to go. The next trail will be the A105Q which is similar as far as time in the groomer so i would say probably by Jan/15 everything will be listed as open. If anyone needs any info give me a call.

All trails in the Cochrane area are now open with the A105Q listed as limited.That was the last one to be opened and it took 60 hours to pack and groom it.We will be going by sled to do the signage and the limited status will probably be taken off.The weather as everyone knows has been freezing but it should start to warm up now and with the longer days there is plenty of good riding to be had.

Archived