unload a trailer

crackher

OK this may sound stupid but I am trying to figure out the best way to unload (single person) a trailer for a sled that does not have reverse, and the the trailer is non-tilting flatbed?

Any untold tricks...

a little embarassed on this one

OK this may sound stupid but I am trying to figure out the best way to unload (single person) a trailer for a sled that does not have reverse, and the the trailer is non-tilting flatbed?

Any untold tricks...

a little embarassed on this one

I unhook my trailer from the car and rest the tongue on the ground. It makes it a little easier to pull it off from the front of the trailer because you now have it on an angle. Drop the skis on the ground and you can then pull until you have enough clearance to grab the rear and swing it off of the bed. Getting it back on is a little trickier. I would suggest rigging up some kind of a ramp for reloading. I had a steel frame with mesh grate welded up by a friend that bolts on the back and is hinged so I can flip it up when not in use. I still find unloading easier by unhitching rather than pulling off the back. I not as young as I used to be. Hope this helps.

pull! :D

pull harder....

or reverse quick and hit the brakes...... been there done that before as well.

Pull!! innovative idea!! hahaha

I was thinking that drioping the tongue is one way to do it. I though about rigging a off loading ramp that would accomodate the angle of the frame of the trailer.

I guess if the trailer tilted than I would just pull always pulling

Like i said it is a bit stupid

Crank the wheel and let her rip and do many donuts...it will come off sooner or later. Getting it back on will not be an issue as there will be not much left.

I like the idea though about removing the trailer so it tilts on an axis. Drag the sled off. Away you go. A simple ramp to re load should work. Or find a snowbank and drive it on. I have seen people winch their sleds back on too.

I used to pull the sled back only far enough for the trailer to tilt and the track to touch the ground maybe a foot or so.

Then drive the car ahead until the sled is fully off. (slowly of course)

Saved my back until I got reverse.

Oops ... non-tilting ... nevermind

Just do what my husband=Redneck did ONCE (while I was there) tie a rope to the sled and just drive away! :argue:

I can actually see Rod doing this :coffeespit:

Sorry, my comment was NOT meant as a bad thing, I simply meant that I can see it happening after meeting him.

Did not mean to offend :(

Absolutely no offence taken, I thought your reply was funny, especially being as you have met us and know what "redneck" he can be!! The man will never grow up...lol...he has just way too much fun trying to piss me off!! And let me tell you he succeeds on a regular basis!

For those of you that know Rod you'll appreciate this one!

What do you mean I can't ditchbang with the Pantera like I could with the 440!! Oh crap there is a culvert and stream coming up!! I will never learn my lesson, never tell him what he "can't" do! :lol:

Oh ya and I bet you can see me doing this :curse: :banghead::rotflmao: Never a dull moment. Don't worry Sandman it wasn't the sled you guys bought! :wavey:
hi wannago :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey: i know what you mean,

gg

gf

gh

S

or in my case, sandman is similiar :rotflmao:

:coffeespit: I'll bet she is!! :rotflmao:

How have you both been, sorry to read that you have been laid off, but as many said good tradesmen are hard to find and I'll bet you have another job soon, hopefully "after" sledding season!!

Experts in Chicago, preparing for another 'world record' outdoor hockey game, have provided a clip to assist you with offload (no one was reportedly injured). This happened yesterday, in preparation for the big game.

Ohh Ohh - Trailer Trash. Close office door if this is too 'exciting' :rotflmao:

(we're off to Haliburton Forest soon - have a great weekend folks)

Just do what my husband=Redneck did ONCE (while I was there) tie a rope to the sled and just drive away! :argue:

:coffeespit:

ThatsFunny.jpg

Wish I had been there to see that one! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

:coffeespit:

ThatsFunny.jpg

Wish I had been there to see that one! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Yes actually it was funny, especially seeing as it wasn't my sled...it was another one of those, "now how are you going to get the sled off the back of the truck and you can't do that!!" :shock:

a litle variation on the rope thing but this works great

Back up to a tree, use the rope around the tree to the sled and then drive forward

if your sled cant handle about a 2' drop then you might want to rethink the suspension

:)

getting it back on is just as easy.

back up to a snow bank and then just ride her on.

Doesnt work so well when the snow is scarce though ;)

Archived