Midland

SlowTouringGuy

Has C trail been reconnected in Midland? Have heard that last year's C re-route from Henry's across the bay to the coal docks is no longer necessary - it is back to being a local club trail - and that C has be reconnected along the Tay Shore trails.

Looking for confirmation if anyone here knows for sure.

ta

For some reason, I thought this was permanent due to landowner issues and/or (re)development of the land the trail was using?

Ugh ! I hope not. There may also be one as you describe. The issue I'm inquiring about had to do with snowmobiles damaging the walking/hiking path (because someone's wisdom dictated that a walking/hiking path should be covered in asphalt). It was 'rumoured' that there has been some resolution to the matter but that is all I have right now - a rumour.

Hey Mr Guy !

The re route your speaking of is here http://www.gbsr.on.ca/media.htm , I've heard the same rumblings but I'd be surprised since this a township Bylaw issue . I think the trail is for Granola chompers now , it's too bad because the snowmobile club did over $90,000 worth of work on the trail , just to have it shut down by a rollerbladder here's more

Tay Shore Trail Map

Please note - due to the extensive damage to the trail last winter, snowmobile use along the Tay Shore Trail will no longer be permitted until such time that a suitable covering can be placed on the trail to prevent future. Motorized vehicles on the trail are trespassing and subject to criminal charges.

For further information, please contact the Recreation Coordinator.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

If you have a 2009 OFSC Tops trail map this section is still closed as the map reads ,it has a break in the trail at Hoggs Bay and after Factory recreation .

I'd assume this would be updated by now if in fact things have changed , but as they are treat it as still closed .

Lets keep praying for a re open , it's not always a good idea to send families and people who don't know ice travel out onto the Bay especially a Tops trail .

I'll try and find out more and keep you posted as our club connects with GBSR trail .

We wouldn't want to make things worse for GBSR club members if in fact they are negotiating a re-opening .

Hey Mr. C:

"Thanks" for the update. Brilliant. Put asphalt down on a trail that deserves wood chips is brilliant. Somebody on Town Council has a brother with a paving firm. :roll:

Sorry to hear it hasn't been resolved.

The ice out in front of Henry's and the Marina next to it is always "iffy" at the best of times. What a great idea to force a TOP trail (especially in times when we're trying to get trails off the water) out onto Georgian Bay. Must be a Municipal Government. Like the town of Kap a couple of years ago. Twits !

Nonetheless, thanks for the links and the info. Much appreciated.

Hey, have you got 6 mile staked yet? What the heck are you waiting for ?? :P :P

Hey Mr. C:

"Thanks" for the update. Brilliant. Put asphalt down on a trail that deserves wood chips is brilliant. Somebody on Town Council has a brother with a paving firm. :roll:

Sorry to hear it hasn't been resolved.

The ice out in front of Henry's and the Marina next to it is always "iffy" at the best of times. What a great idea to force a TOP trail (especially in times when we're trying to get trails off the water) out onto Georgian Bay. Must be a Municipal Government. Like the town of Kap a couple of years ago. Twits !

Nonetheless, thanks for the links and the info. Much appreciated.

Hey, have you got 6 mile staked yet? What the heck are you waiting for ?? :P :P

Great business for Henrys , Mmmmm Henrys !

Six Mile needs a volunteer , know anybody who can swim !

Damage was apparently caused by construction . Back hoe tracks left ruts in asphalt , roller blading granola chomper hit rut and went ass over tea kettle . .

Sled club could not prove it wasn't them .

I had the minutes from club general meeting but it was on my old computer that blew up .

Spread the word boys! C trail between Midland and Hogg's bay has been rerouted off the ice this year thanks to the hard work of the GBSR and the generousity of some local land owners. When the trails open you can travel east across the wye river bridge and parallel the paved trail to the first road. From there there is a new trail that takes you off the railbed and crosses Old Fort Rd. and on towards the hole in the wall. There is talk of twinning the trail beside the pavement next year but we are through for now anyway...........There is still a trail to Henry's......I'm sure they would still like to see you! Trails are shaping up nicely around here and the groomers have been out.......stay off the bay for now!!!!!

Spread the word boys! C trail between Midland and Hogg's bay has been rerouted off the ice this year thanks to the hard work of the GBSR and the generousity of some local land owners. When the trails open you can travel east across the wye river bridge and parallel the paved trail to the first road. From there there is a new trail that takes you off the railbed and crosses Old Fort Rd. and on towards the hole in the wall. There is talk of twinning the trail beside the pavement next year but we are through for now anyway...........There is still a trail to Henry's......I'm sure they would still like to see you! Trails are shaping up nicely around here and the groomers have been out.......stay off the bay for now!!!!!

great news !

Awesome!

Signage was tricky last year, and we had 'adventures' following the trail on both sides of the highway near Sunoco.

Thanks to GBSR for hard work and landowners for co-operation.

Great news thanks for all your efforts GBSR love to ride your area .

Lets stick to the trail folks !

Archived