It's a snow squall warning!!!

Mrs. Mossy

Whoa. We only have half that much down here in the sunny southern half of the HC. If my sled was ready to go I would have been coming to pay you a visit today. :)

gET oUT mRS. mOSSY ! RUN WHILE YOU CAN :!::shock::o

Mrs. Mossy:

The picture off your back porch out towards main street reminds me of the time I snuck through there between the church and what was then Bradnock's on my Dad's Husky snowmobile to escape an OPP patrol car that would have loved to catch a 12 year old terrorizing the streets of Auburn. While you may not know what a Husky looked like, I'm sure there are a few reading this that do remember them. I am going to say that that was probably the winter of 1963. Many things have changed with sleds and with Auburn since then!

Mrs. Mossy:

The picture off your back porch out towards main street reminds me of the time I snuck through there between the church and what was then Bradnock's on my Dad's Husky snowmobile to escape an OPP patrol car that would have loved to catch a 12 year old terrorizing the streets of Auburn. While you may not know what a Husky looked like, I'm sure there are a few reading this that do remember them. I am going to say that that was probably the winter of 1963. Many things have changed with sleds and with Auburn since then!

Does that mean that you lived in my house? What a small world!!!

You are so right!!! There have been many changes even since I was a little girl (1975?)....we lived in the big white house on the hill across the river....they just burned it down 2 weeks ago!!! No General Store anymore, just the gas station/restaurant out on the highway. That church behind us is now a house and the Huron Chapel now resides across the road from us in what used to be a beautiful field....

I swear we received 2 more feet of snow yesterday afternoon!!! I'll take more pics this aft to post....unreal!!! And they are saying possible rain for Monday....

Mrs. Mossy:

No, I never lived in your house but I did weather about 24 winters in Auburn. There aren't many places in southern Ontario that get more snow than inland Huron County. The Lee of the lakes ! Ya gotta love it.

Bye the way, the Red Maple tree behind the Wintery looking Auburn Weather Station was planted in my Father's memory.

Mrs. Mossy:

No, I never lived in your house but I did weather about 24 winters in Auburn. There aren't many places in southern Ontario that get more snow than inland Huron County. The Lee of the lakes ! Ya gotta love it.

Bye the way, the Red Maple tree behind the Wintery looking Auburn Weather Station was planted in my Father's memory.

Don't you worry PLC ~ I'll get the goods on that...I know Sandy Andrews (the next best town gossip)!!!

The license plate says it all !

n513973914_1058611_1370.jpg

Yup love the licence plate here's mine though we need more snow here

201_27d53d30c36f30f991f3f71b06d84f81

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.

More snow in Parry Sound - Muskoka - Huntsville

SNOWSQUALL WARNING: Parry Sound - Muskoka - HuntsvilleIssued at 5:15 PM EST MONDAY 15 DECEMBER 2008

SNOWSQUALLS WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS EXPECTED TONIGHT. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SNOWSQUALLS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

OFF GEORGIAN BAY..STRONG WEST WINDS ARE GENERATING SNOWSQUALLS WHICH ARE CURRENTLY AFFECTING REGIONS FROM NEAR COLDWATER AND MIDLAND TO JUST NORTH OF PARRY SOUND. SNOWSQUALLS OFF LAKE HURON ARE AFFECTING THE BRUCE PENINSULA NORTH OF SOUTHAMPTON. THE HIGHEST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE TO THE LEE OF GEORGIAN BAY WHERE LOCAL ACCUMULATIONS MAY REACH 10 TO 15 IN 12 HOURS. PORTIONS OF THE BRUCE PENINSULA COULD SEE 10 CENTIMETRES TONIGHT. FREQUENT WHITEOUT CONDITIONS FROM BLOWING SNOW ARE EXPECTED. THE SQUALLS ARE EXPECTED TO WEAKEN CONSIDERABLY EARLY TUESDAY MORNING WITH LIGHTER LAKE EFFECT FLURRIES PERSISTING INTO TUESDAY AFTERNOON. DRIVERS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS DUE TO SUDDEN ZERO VISIBILITY IN BURSTS OF HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

but the radar looks very strange....we are in the eye of the hurricane!!!

That is cool!

picture2ee2.png

ITS A ALBERTA CCCCCCCCLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, :carsled: :carsled: :carsled: tallly hoe

gg

gf

gh

SAFE

or in our case, ITS QUITE POSSSSSSSIBBBBBLEEE WEEEEE MIGHT GGGGGETTTT AAAA REAAALITTIVEEEELY OUTSIIDE CHANCE OF SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That is cool!

picture2ee2.png

Thanks Skidooer ~ I was trying to post the picture....photobucket didn't like it...

It's snowing sideways right now...I hope it doesn't get too bad before Mossy gets home.

That is cool!

picture2ee2.png

Thanks Skidooer ~ I was trying to post the picture....photobucket didn't like it...

It's snowing sideways right now...I hope it doesn't get too bad before Mossy gets home.

No worries Mossy will be ok .

Just received this at work --- "SnowMageddon" ??

WOCN11 CWTO 171517

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA ONTARIO REGION.

10:17 AM EST WEDNESDAY 17 DECEMBER 2008.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT ISSUED FOR..

CITY OF TORONTO

WINDSOR - ESSEX - CHATHAM-KENT

SARNIA - LAMBTON

ELGIN

LONDON - MIDDLESEX

SIMCOE - DELHI - NORFOLK

DUNNVILLE - CALEDONIA - HALDIMAND

OXFORD - BRANT

NIAGARA

CITY OF HAMILTON

HALTON - PEEL

YORK - DURHAM

HURON - PERTH

WATERLOO - WELLINGTON

DUFFERIN - INNISFIL

GREY - BRUCE

BARRIE - ORILLIA - MIDLAND

BELLEVILLE - QUINTE - NORTHUMBERLAND

KINGSTON - PRINCE EDWARD

PETERBOROUGH - KAWARTHA LAKES

STIRLING - TWEED - SOUTH FRONTENAC

BANCROFT - BON ECHO PARK

BROCKVILLE - LEEDS AND GRENVILLE

CITY OF OTTAWA

GATINEAU

PRESCOTT AND RUSSELL

CORNWALL - MORRISBURG

SMITHS FALLS - LANARK - SHARBOT LAKE

PARRY SOUND - MUSKOKA

HALIBURTON

RENFREW - PEMBROKE - BARRY'S BAY

ALGONQUIN

BURK'S FALLS - BAYFIELD INLET.

..COULD THIS BE SNOW-MAGEDDON?..

ENVIRONMENT CANADA IS GENERALLY NOT PRONE TO EXAGGERATION UNLESS THERE IS DEEMED TO BE A REAL THREAT. WE EVALUATE WEATHER INFORMATION AND PREDICTION MODELS IN A MEASURED, SCIENTIFIC MANNER AND COUPLE THAT WITH OVERALL IMPACTS FOR SIGNIFICANT EVENTS.

MOTHER NATURE FROM TIME TO TIME WILL LINE UP A NEAR PERFECT SET OF CONDITIONS THAT GENERATE A SERIES OF SIGNIFICANT EVENTS. THAT TIME APPEARS TO BE THE COMING WEEK OR SO FOR MANY PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN ONTARIO IN THE FORM OF SNOW STORMS. THERE APPEARS TO THE RIGHT BALANCE OF SUFFICIENTLY COLD AIR IN PLACE, WITH ARCTIC HIGHS TO THE NORTH AND A STORM TRACK ALONG THE LOWER GREAT LAKES. THE TERM 'SNOW-MAGEDDON' IS NOT MEANT TO ALARM ANYONE OR MAKE LIGHT OF THE SITUATION, BUT TO HIGHLIGHT THE CUMULATIVE EFFECTS AND IMPACTS THAT A SERIES OF SNOW STORMS CAN HAVE ON A WIDE REGION.

A BLANKET OF 10 CENTIMETRES HAS JUST FALLEN ACROSS MUCH OF THE LOWER GREAT LAKES. BUT A MUCH MORE SIGNIFICANT SNOW STORM IS TARGETING THE REGION ON FRIDAY. MOST WEATHER GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO TRACK A STORM CENTRE FROM COLORADO ON THURSDAY TO JUST SOUTH OF THE GREAT LAKES ON FRIDAY. IT APPEARS HEAVY SNOW ACCOMPANIED BY STONG EASTERLY WINDS WILL CREATE A PARTICULARLY NASTY SNOW EVENT. ACCUMULATIONS MAY WELL REACH OR EXCEED 15 TO 20 CENTIMETRES. STRONG EASTERLY WINDS GUSTING TO 50 OR 60 KM/H WILL COMPOUND THE SEVERITY OF THE STORM WITH APPRECIABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND VERY POOR VISIBILITIES.

THERE IS ALSO THE POSSIBILITY OF ICE PELLETS OR FREEZING RAIN MIXED WITH THE SNOW FROM THE SOUTHWEST AND EAST ACROSS NIAGARA. A WINTER STORM WATCH WILL LIKELY BE ISSUED LATER TODAY FOR THIS FRIDAY EVENT.

THERE ARE STRONG INDICATIONS OF ANOTHER SIGNIFICANT STORM ON SUNDAY.

IT MAY VERY WELL BE SIMILAR TO THE FRIDAY STORM WITH STRONG EASTERLY WINDS AND HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLY FOLLOWED BY A WINTERY MIX OF ICE PELLETS, FREEZING RAIN OR RAIN FOR MORE SOME LOCALES.

TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS FROM THE WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY AND SUNDAY EVENTS MAY REACH 50 CENTIMETRES IN SOME AREAS. THE CUMULATIVE EFFECTS OF THESE THREE STORMS WILL MAKE TRAVEL OVER THIS PRE-CHRISTMAS PERIOD VERY DIFFICULT AT TIMES. STAY TUNED FOR ENVIRONMENT CANADA UPDATES ON THESE DEVELOPING SITUATION.

LISTEN FOR FURTHER STATEMENTS. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY ALSO BE FOUND BY CONSULTING THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECAST. THE NEXT PUBLIC FORECAST WILL BE ISSUED BY 11 AM.

Thanks Navigator! You just made my day!!!! Oh and welcome to oc.com!!!!

Archived