Mach Z seat change and other mods

Blackstar

7 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

lucky

Oh, I agree.

6 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My buddy ticked a rock with his 23 850 and had to do a ski alignment but looking down over the front, that spindle is back 1/2"  Rides fine.

I have a friend who was loading his XP on to a tilt trailer. The carbide caught the edge and sled stopped dead. He said the spindle moved back over an inch. He tied the sled down and pulled it back as close as he could get and rode it.

Trust me. This was all going on in my head when it happened.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Nope, the wife ran in to it with her sled. She said she got her lefts and rights mixed up. She meant to grab the brakes but she grabbed the gas by accident. She came in on an angle. Her spindle hit the roller, then the lower plastic and stopped at the tierod.

ah. That sucks, glad she was ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Technically, the proper fix is to write off the sled. A dealer would never do what I did. 

Yeah.

I plinked a rock that was looking just my direction just north of Wawa many years ago.

Never seen it! But the shear edge was sharp and hooked in hard.

Hadn't ridden 5 klicks from the truck yet, and the weekend was over.

Stuffed my bulkhead back. It was a total loss - on the chassis...

Within a few days I found a chassis in Indian River, Mich for cheap.

Dealer had replaced the whole sled onto a new chassis.

The left ski had caught something, and stuffed the trailing arm mount back into the footwell.

My left footwell was fine.

Pop a few rivits and replace, and then move the rest of the sled over onto it.

Couple day job to move the whole thing over, but for the dealer to have just replaced the footwell would have been a LOT easier than what they had done.

But as you say - apparently that's not how it's done...

RebuildFeb06.thumb.jpg.995f1342888069d2f94b0632a917eda6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, I agree.

I have a friend who was loading his XP on to a tilt trailer. The carbide caught the edge and sled stopped dead. He said the spindle moved back over an inch. He tied the sled down and pulled it back as close as he could get and rode it.

Trust me. This was all going on in my head when it happened.

This is why I use ski boots to load my sled into trailer. Seen major damage from rail way tracks too. Dual tracker ones catch worse then stock ones too. 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Nope, the wife ran in to it with her sled. She said she got her lefts and rights mixed up. She meant to grab the brakes but she grabbed the gas by accident. She came in on an angle. Her spindle hit the roller, then the lower plastic and stopped at the tierod.

Ekkkkkeeeee. 
I guess you always drive truck and trailer 🙃
Had a buddy once was star gazing while following me.
Didn't realize I had stopped and banged right into me. Lucky my sled was higher then his,  so crushed his hood and pipes in real good. Mine just had a smashed light, and bent bumper. 
Now I never ride a sled without mirrors  to keep an eye on things. 😎

41 minutes ago, Ox said:

Yeah.

I plinked a rock that was looking just my direction just north of Wawa many years ago.

Never seen it! But the shear edge was sharp and hooked in hard.

Hadn't ridden 5 klicks from the truck yet, and the weekend was over.

Stuffed my bulkhead back. It was a total loss - on the chassis...

Within a few days I found a chassis in Indian River, Mich for cheap.

Dealer had replaced the whole sled onto a new chassis.

The left ski had caught something, and stuffed the trailing arm mount back into the footwell.

My left footwell was fine.

Pop a few rivits and replace, and then move the rest of the sled over onto it.

Couple day job to move the whole thing over, but for the dealer to have just replaced the footwell would have been a LOT easier than what they had done.

But as you say - apparently that's not how it's done...

RebuildFeb06.thumb.jpg.995f1342888069d2f94b0632a917eda6.jpg

A few years ago, a buddy of mine bought a wrecked Polaris RMK from an auction. It was brand new with 10 kms on it. One A-arm mount had been ripped off and a bunch of broken plastic. He paid around $2500 if I remember right. Cost him $1500 in parts. But he said it took him about 30 hours of wrenching to get it apart and back together. The front members were bonded together and the worst was getting those pieces apart. 
He planned to keep it but then he put it up for sale. The original owner bought it back when he seen the ad. The guy was from Sault Ste Marie. He had crashed the sled on the first ride on a power line outside Wawa. He had hit a rock and Broke his leg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So it's a woman thing.  Lol.

At least she rides