Val D'Or Trip Report

Gadgetman

All,

My group of 6 meet at the Forrestal at Val D'Or Sunday, and we did 3 day trips, total of just over 800KM's, so that the 3 new Sidewinders could get their breakin and first check complete. Trails QC Yellow for the most part, but were ON Green in many sections.

Day 1 was 386 Southbound . 1 big washout (may be fixed as trail Green today. South of the community, it becomes a travelled winter road, so we aborted and headed back. That trail was a hard Yellow this past Monday. (Day we did 25KM of the day 2 ride to check it out - Sweet ride!)

Day 2  83 - local connector - 83. (300Km round trip) We headed out to Lac Fillion for fuel and lunch (NO MENU - they have what they have when you get there, soup or sandwhich. $2\Litre (I dont know if Prem or not). Long open winding roads, except for the Yellow section which has forestry work, trail beside the road, snow covered but have to watch the trail. Small 1 lane washout.

Day 3 - (250KM) We headed West up to AMOS mostly on the 83, then the 307 North,. NOTE: The river in AMOS is open, so you have to cross a long-_ss bridge with traffic to head back East to the Amosphere  for lunch. Took 93 and to 313 south. (Route outbound over the top of ValDOr, "Not nice" , maybe the route under VD West bound is nicer. Very nice ride except for Bridge and getting out of VD.

PDF of stats attached. 

Pretty great save for this season. Looks like they got some of this snow, as many trails are Green today 16 Feb.

Hotel: Breakfast buffet - $25+tax. Club or Smoked meat sandwhich - $25. Waited 1 hour for meal both Sunday and Monday night. If you check Expedia, get the rate, call the hotel should\may match rate. Sunday to Tue was $187\night\room + TAXES. Wed $214\night + taxes. 

Cheers

Andy

20240214_151854.jpg

20240212_105731.jpg

SLD2024 GPS Data OC.pdf

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Lac Fillion for fuel and lunch (NO MENU - they have what they have when you get there, soup or sandwhich. $2\Litre

Evening meal is premade, covered with saran and put in cooler. Pick the one you want and they will heat it up for you. Covid and not being able to keep a cook full time has meant its a no go for many former  happy customers.

40 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Evening meal is premade, covered with saran and put in cooler. Pick the one you want and they will heat it up for you. Covid and not being able to keep a cook full time has meant its a no go for many former  happy customers.

Ok. But that shouldn't then take 1 hr to be put on the table. Sunday was about 2/3rds full, Monday evening was less than half full in the restaurant. Tuesday. we ordered in a Pizza.

16 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Ok. But that shouldn't then take 1 hr to be put on the table. Sunday was about 2/3rds full, Monday evening was less than half full in the restaurant. Tuesday. we ordered in a Pizza.

Are you talking about Lac Faillon? Thats where I was talking about.

12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Are you talking about Lac Faillon? Thats where I was talking about.

Sorry, my bad, apologize. I was talking about the hotel. 

• Thanks 1