Can Tire Gas Gravenhurst OPEN again

slomo

Can Tire gas bar in Gravenhurst is blocked off. Nothing torn down, but maybe they are looking for new management as occured previously. Will keep updating as pass through there most weekends.

Thanks Slomo.

We usually fill up there, as they are the last stop for gas before Six Mile Lake.

Did the Esso towards Bracebridge re-open? (trail goes through their Chrysler car sales lot)?

If not, will have to use Sunoco beside Home Hardware - but tough on carbides.

Thanks Slomo.

We usually fill up there, as they are the last stop for gas before Six Mile Lake.

Did the Esso towards Bracebridge re-open? (trail goes through their Chrysler car sales lot)?

If not, will have to use Sunoco beside Home Hardware - but tough on carbides.

Thats good too ! :wavey:

I see Doonut gassing up at the Jug City further down the road. Maybe he can tell you how to get there without too much pavement sparking. Prices are a bit higher though.

Don't go through Bracebridge much, so maybe someone else will chime in about the Ess0.

Sander Motors is not planning to reopen the gas bar. Sure wish they would.

CTC in Gravenhurst is an ugly place to fill - tight, crowded, access unfavourable and all bare pavement.

Sunoco is slightly off trail and all bare.

Doonut, how do you access Jug City ?

CTC in Gravenhurst is an ugly place to fill - tight, crowded, access unfavourable and all bare pavement.

It will cost you 9.95 per month but you get a lot of other sites as well! :D

Unfortunately, Jug City is really only accessible via Gravenhurst bay. No trails anywhere near it. We have to run across Pine Lake, cross the highway, run down the bay towards Gravenhurst and then swing back north west in the bay to access a private land trail that comes out right near Jug City. From town where the c101d comes out to the bay, it is a short hop up the bay past the BIG white boathouse to the left.

I started bringing a 120 litre gas tank with a filler hose with me a few years back. Until the lake freezes, its about our only source for gas without paying the buck fifty per L price at Cambels Landing.

Wanna Trade Passwords? :D

Mine is SlowTourinGuy. What is yours? :P

Mine is SlowTourinGuy. What is yours? :P

Doh ! :oops:

CTC in Gravenhurst is only shut down for a few days for improvements according to the Gravenhurst Banner last week.

From what I can remember they noted computer and security updates as well as a new canopy. I think they are also renaming it to Canadian Tire Gas Bar Plus.

I am heading up there tonight for a club meeting so I will see what's happening.

• 3 weeks later...

As 14snow reported, Can Tire gas is once again open in Gravenhurst. Still no washrooms though....laundry mat or The Coffee Shop Across From The Canadian Tire Gas Bar.

Thanks. It's the last gas station southbound for a lot of us using C trail.

(I know, Port Severn is possible, but way out of the way)

If someone sees those huge plastic gas cans, with hose, on sale at Cdn tire or Princess Auto, please let me know.

If someone sees those huge plastic gas cans, with hose, on sale at Cdn tire or Princess Auto, please let me know.

Canuck, Domino and I had one a couple seasons ago and didn't think it was worth the money ... difficult to use, leaked, etc. (and no, he didn't blow it up :poke: ). Just my 2Cents.gif

Canuck, Domino and I had one a couple seasons ago and didn't think it was worth the money ... difficult to use, leaked, etc. (and no, he didn't blow it up :poke: ). Just my 2Cents.gif

THANKS.

It did look kinda cheap when I held one a few years ago. Lots of $$$ at Walter Page/ The Muskoka Store off Hwy 400. Didn't make sense to purchase at that time.

You'd think that with gas storage, it had to pass some type of test. Guess not :shock:

Archived