Looking for a big loop from Sudbury or North Bay

revkevsdi

Thanks Slomo:

We have done the Parry Sound, Sudbury, North Bay Loop. Before.

We started lower in Hunstville and went around.

It was fun but due to lack of snow we were thinking of starting higher up and doing a larger loop if possible.

Depending on the trails. If it is pipeline then we can crank on huge miles.

If it is mostly bush like the stuff from hunstville to Sudbury then it will take a little longer.

Or are the trails better staring in Sudbury and heading west?

My buddy had a camp on Cache lake outside Verner. Not ridden that way in a while. 200 miles day should not be a problem.

I'd take the D trail nw that takes you near the Sportsman and close Wanipati. Then point them Elliot Lake way.

If your heading back from Elliot, and down toward Massey, and head for C Trail. Those are pretty open trails as well. Two yearsback we rode form Chapleau,back to the trucks in Massey in a day, I think the last leg was 340 miles?.Massey south around Penage is nice, and the south trail from Sudbury out to Killarney stunning in the tall pines to the French system.

have fun..

North and east End of Sudbury should be nice,quite a few going to Wolf Mountain this Saturday

No way of getting to our club trails though as the links east and south and north are still listed as closed

The east end might be open by Feb1st(mining exploration) theb other 2 depend on lake staking

I will be out :woot: filling in some trails that cross drainage ditches and some brushing but will not be venturing to fair as I have the work pager this weekend

Hey Freezerburnt! Is that video the new 700?

RevKevSDI and another buddy and myself will be riding up in the area mentioned. While we are always over-optomistic about how far we can ride in a day, 8-) some realistic "loop" suggestions would be appreciated. :lol:

Thanks,

Phil ;)

http://www.snowgoercanada.com

http://www.snowmobilertv.on.ca

Not sure how many days your looking at, but you could run from north Bay to New Liskeard, NL to Kirkland Lake, Kirkland to Gowganda, or Shining Tree. Gowganda to north Bay. (not sure about mileage, I not looking at a map, that's from memory.) all very nice trails, you wouldn't have any problems doing this ride. just not sure how many days you were looking at!

Evil

Here is one I have done several times - each day is 150 to 200 miles

Sudbury to New Lisgard via Field and Temagami

New Lisgard to Timmins via Elk Lake

Timmins to Chapleau

Chapleau to Elliot Lake

Elliot Lake to Sudbury

You can make it longer or shorter depending on time you have

Shorter eg - Sudbury to Timmins via Shinning Tree

or longer

Timmins to Hearst

Hearst to Dubreville

Deubriville to Chapleau

How is the snow there now?

From the looks of things on the ofsc site. Most of the province is limited.

Which makes it that same as district 9. Which is where I am and might not be worth 6 hours trailering. I really want to ride that area one year but would rather wait for better snow conditions.

Sorry, forgot to thank Canadianlad for his post.

That is the kind of trail we are thinking of.

150-200 miles a day. Are you generally a fast rider with a small group or a cruiser?

When we go there are only 3 of us. We tend to ride fast, sober and no need to stop for smoke breaks so we tend to cover pretty good time. The RAP in 3 days was easy and it was our first time so we got lost a fair bit.

the trip that Canadianlad layed out would be a great one. the trails are doable 200 miles. some are tighter, but doable in a day. F from Chaplaue to elliot lake has some logging on it south of Black Creek, so if they loose any snow you would have 10 miles of gravel roads.

Here is one I have done several times - each day is 150 to 200 miles

Sudbury to New Lisgard via Field and Temagami

New Lisgard to Timmins via Elk Lake

Timmins to Chapleau

Chapleau to Elliot Lake

Elliot Lake to Sudbury

Awesome looking trip. I can be done in 5 days?

Archived