Adjusting to the Times

Dan-Senior

One possible solution for those who may be throwing in the towel on snowmobiling.

https://sled-x.ca/news/december-2023-report4.html

snowmobiling-on-a-budget-1.png

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Dan-Senior said:

One possible solution for those who may be throwing in the towel on snowmobiling.

https://sled-x.ca/news/december-2023-report4.html

snowmobiling-on-a-budget-1.png

That's fun of snowmobiling is going different places. If I had to leave my sled at one spot and ride in 75 km radis with thousands of other riders because it's only area that gets reliable snow. I am out. 
I enjoy going different places, staying in different area's. Seeing different things. 
That's what's snowmobiling is about. Not stuck in one area or lake like a boat 😎
Some do leave thier trailers up north later in sesson and lock it up and drive home without it. That's happening already in many area's. Hate to do it with 50k worth of stuff though. 
You be riding before all of us again. 😎

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That's fun of snowmobiling is going different places. If I had to leave my sled at one spot and ride in 75 km radis with thousands of other riders because it's only area that gets reliable snow. I am out. 
I enjoy going different places, staying in different area's. Seeing different things. 
That's what's snowmobiling is about. Not stuck in one area or lake like a boat 😎
Some do leave thier trailers up north later in sesson and lock it up and drive home without it. That's happening already in many area's. Hate to do it with 50k worth of stuff though. 
You be riding before all of us again. 😎

I think you’re missing the point on what was the base of the idea.   

And Dan will probably see more different trails and things in a smaller area in a 100km trip then most riders will see on a groomed trail in a week.

Hell I have ridden with guys who watch nothing more then the 100 feet in front of them.   And although riding for 400km have seen nothing but the groomed trail and snow flap in front of them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I think you’re missing the point on what was the base of the idea.   

And Dan will probably see more different trails and things in a smaller area in a 100km trip then most riders will see on a groomed trail in a week.

Hell I have ridden with guys who watch nothing more then the 100 feet in front of them.   And although riding for 400km have seen nothing but the groomed trail and snow flap in front of them.  

Depends what you like. Going off trail is lots of work. Not sure I could do that for a day. I like to go places using trail. Each to their own I guess.