Bancroft Today

signfan

Got out for another ride.  Left from Birds creek.  Real mixed bag.  Roads suck now.  If it was plowed and is in the sun you're running in the gravel.  E trail across the bottom of Algonquin park from E109 to 601 was awesome.  10 out of 10.  Hats off to the Paudash groomers looking after the north end of their system.  As I came across it I was thinking I was in for a great day.  Boy did that change when I hit the haliburton boundary.  Not sure if they've had major breakdowns or if they just gave up.  But mogul city all the way through to Haliburton lake.  Keep saying to myself just one section.  No big deal, north of the lake will be better.  Got off the north end of Haliburton lake.  No sign of any grooming and some ugly bare south facing hills.  At this point I'm committed.  So ran all the way to Whitney fighting 24" deep moguls and mud where roads are plowed.  All it would take is a groom and they'd easily get another week, but didn't happen today.  I'd say it's been a week since it's seen a groomer or more.  B trail east of Whitney was good.  It'd been groomed in the last day or two.  Always loved the scenery along the river.  Very pleased to see the turtle conservation area opened back up for winter use.  South from Madawaska was a touch rough, but bearable.  Groomer was out fixing things up.  Then ran the railed back to birds creek.  It was decent.  A few spots where in the sun it's getting skinny.   Was going to run down to the maze, but decided against it.  By 5 pm we were into mashed potato snow.  So packed up and headed home.  With the forecast I'd say clubs will get another week if they keep things groomed up grooming at night.  That said road crossings are now a big problem.  Time to load up and head north or into Quebec to finish the season out.  

• Like 6

We left Bancroft and headed south to the E trail down to Ormsby through Coe Hill and up to Harcourt   Road section we’re getting brutal in spots.

Other then roads E trail was great to Harcourt   After Harcourt trail was a little rough in spots   109 across to 179 and down were in need of a freshening up  

Good day on close trails but as Signfan said it’s getting near the end    

I just saw a post on FB Halliburton is having some issues with receiving parts for one of the groomers. Basically, they’re down to one groomer.