Gadgetman QC Trip Summary 5 Days

Gadgetman

Saturday – Mont Laurier (Super 😎 to Mekoos to Pourviore Lac Du Repos (250Km day)

Route: Local E, 63E, 53N, L by lake, 53N, 319W – Mekoos (99KM)

Mekoos – Lunch starts at noon. Fuel was 2.423\Lt. 3 hot chocolates was $10.

Route: 53N, 33E – Repos (152KM). Fuel was $2.899\Lt (Cash\debit) (I used 22lt from Mekoos)

Cabin 7 – β€œvery Rustic” – hunting\fishing cabin. Cabin was cold on arrival. Can of Stella 476ml was $10.50 each.

Dinner was good. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, patats.

Sunday – Repos to Wemotaci (155Km) to Relais 22 (125KM) (280KM day)

Route: 345N, 83E

Wemotaci – snack bar – around the corner from fuel station starts at noon. Basic fare. (Skipped on return trip.) Grocery store across from fuel and next to 83 outbound.

Gas was $1.70\Lt. Β Reg only. Steep climb out of town, with look out.

Relais 22 – fuel was $2.23\Lt Reg. Sleeping building has a common area and wings with rooms of different sizes. Our room was 2 single beds next to each wall and 3 ft between the beds, with a sink, all else down the hall.

Main building you have a reserved table, place was busy.

Monday – Back to Repos, same route

Wemotaci – fuel, Β ate what we brought at the lookout, picked up beer in store to bring to Repos.

Repos – Cabin 6 – not as β€œrustic”, cold cabin, had to fetch firewood. Dinner was good.

Tuesday – Repos to Club Notawissi (265KM day)

Tough day – significant snow all day, very hard to see the trail in the forest cleared areas.

Route: 33W, 33N, 13S. Fuel at Depanneur, Relais Lu-Nic , (103KM) Fuel $2.25\Lt Super Cash (maybe no debit either).

Club Notawssi – brand new chalets, ours had 2 bedrooms with 2 doubles and each BDR had its own bathroom with shower. Chalet was warm and roomy. Staging out of here with your wife is recommended. Pictures attached.

Dinner at main building – Smoked salmon appetizer, great main meal. Breakfast – made to order.

Wednesday – Club Notawissi to Relais Diable to Mont Laurier (113KM)

Route: Should have been -13S, 322N, 322S. Ended up on a closed road which caused us to by-pass Saint-Anne du-Lac. Luckly, the closed road joined the local trail north of the 13 before the 322. Did enjoy running about a foot and half of new powder on that closed road for many KM’s.

Did the look out at Diable – pretty impressive.

Opted to enter ML from west side, much shorter than crossing the town from the 63.

Stayed Friday night Super 8. Best Super 8 breakfast ever. They have a large parking lot across the main road and just over a bit for truck and trailer parking, while away sledding

20230227_093048.jpg

20230227_115512.jpg

20230227_115521.jpg

20230228_181956.jpg

20230228_182003.jpg

20230228_182011.jpg

20230228_182024.jpg

20230228_192258.jpg

20230301_082627.jpg

20230301_114007.jpg

Total Route.JPG

• Like 11

Β 

Β 

$2.90/litre?Β Faint.gif?width=54&height=40&fit=bounds

I might haft'a start riding a 6 or 8 stroke sled before too long!

Β 

4 hours ago, blackjack1 said:

Those are the new cabins at Nttawissi in the picture Gadgetman?

Yes. Replacing all the old ones with this style, my guess isΒ  varying sizes. I think at least 4 or 5 new cabins already.

Good report Gadgetman. Was that road from Nottawasi south groomed? I believe Fontbrune lodge grooms that trail themselves with their own groomer so they can do loops to the north more practical with their tour groups. Don’t know why it hasn’t become part of the FCMQ system.Β 

2 hours ago, signfan said:

Does Notawissi have hot tubs?

Sorry, I don't know.Β 

55 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Good report Gadgetman. Was that road from Nottawasi south groomed? I believe Fontbrune lodge grooms that trail themselves with their own groomer so they can do loops to the north more practical with their tour groups. Don’t know why it hasn’t become part of the FCMQ system.Β 

Trail 13 wasn't groomed yet, missed turn was about 22Km south of the Inn. Also, snow got deeper as we headed south to ML.Β  I think why I missed the split, both the trail and road had a bout 1.5ft of new snow. Road had an ATV tire track on it, otherwise pretty deep and not used in the winter as best I could figure. Overall, this year I found the trail signage not as frequent as I have in past years.

Missed Trail.JPG

GPS MIssed Turn.JPG

• Like 1