Quebec Crossing by Pembroke

MXZMike

10 minutes ago, MXZMike said:

Just checking if its open.. Have a trip planned for next week so trying to figure out where to get across on the sleds.

Mike

Which crossing are you talking about exactly. Their are 2 different sled bridge crossings east of Pembroke. Are you talking about one of them or an ice crossing?

2 hours ago, MXZMike said:

I am not familiar with the area so if there is a sled bridge thats even better.  Is there also a sled bridge north / east of deep river? (A101Q)

There is a bridge on A101Q about 30 km. Northwest of Deep River. It crosses into Quebec to the village of Rapides des Joachims. The bridge is a long steel vehicle bridge. A possible downside is that the floor of the bridge is open grid steel. Some OC'er's say that it doesn't hurt the ski's or runners. We arranged for a local to trailer our sleds across when we went.

If you are going that way its a good idea to top up your fuel at the store in the village.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There is a bridge on A101Q about 30 km. Northwest of Deep River. It crosses into Quebec to the village of Rapides des Joachims. The bridge is a long steel vehicle bridge. A possible downside is that the floor of the bridge is open grid steel. Some OC'er's say that it doesn't hurt the ski's or runners. We arranged for a local to trailer our sleds across when we went.

If you are going that way its a good idea to top up your fuel at the store in the village.

Are there better bridges further south?

Mike

37 minutes ago, MXZMike said:

Are there better bridges further south?

Mike

There is a sled bridge south east of Pembroke at the end of B101Q just past Beachburg and anotherone at the end of West Carleton trail #W1 that just is just newly opened a short time ago.

There may also be some ice crossings however I don't know of the conditions on them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stoney said:

Any bridges we have crossed along there either on sled or truck, they have not been very sled friendly - if you are OCD, you ain't going to like it. 

The new bridge as shown below looks pretty well done:

sled bridge.jpeg

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, stoney said:

Yes, it does!

How new is that?

The bridge officially opened this season. Check out West Carleton FB page. Longest Snowmobile bridge in the world at 1600 ft.

image.thumb.png.0e69e40114df53e9c1b034e059b6d6dc.png

• Like 5

I crossed both bridges south of Pembroke a cpl weeks ago.  They are both great.  Groomed like any other trail.  Swisha bridge is no big deal in my opinion.  Just go slow.  It sounds worse than it is.  An unfrozen gravel road will do more damage to your carbides than crossing it will.  You get rewarded with awesome riding crossing at Swisha.  I found a fair bit of road running going up trail 311 into the laurentians.  Not terrible, but you can tell they have lost a lot of landowners.  It's a tighter trail as well.  308 is still on the bucket list along with TQ43 south of Swisha.  Have a great trip.