Upper Canada Region - Dist 1

signfan

Anyone been out in the area?  Mainly Brockville through to Hawkesbury.  How are things coming up?  Worth the trip?  Still showing yellow, but wondering if that's a touch pessimistic.  Are they better than advertised?

It might be a touch pessimistic but only because there is not a lot of base right now. There has been no significant accumulation since the storm on Jan 17. For my club there are pieces of each trail that could certainly be green but we have decided to keep it yellow for now. 

Heading out Sunday to break-in both sleds. I expect we'll head south from Orleans\Navan, not sure if we'll go south of the 417. Likely through Larose,  40, 51 and 30. I know driving past some of the fields, if the farmer plowed the field, may be a bit tricky with the current snow depth.

19 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Heading out Sunday to break-in both sleds. I expect we'll head south from Orleans\Navan, not sure if we'll go south of the 417. Likely through Larose,  40, 51 and 30. I know driving past some of the fields, if the farmer plowed the field, may be a bit tricky with the current snow depth.

I would drop south of 417. Don’t think you will be disappointed getting into Nation Valley, Seaway, Riverside, Glengarry. 

Rode mostly north of the East-West A trail, east of Ottawa Sunday. Did dip down and back thru the Larose forest on the way back.

Overall, the trails being Yellow is accurate. The old rail bed (A) far East end of the area was barely covered where it is wind swept.

Some fields you noticed the frozen ground chattering the skis.

The long bridge at the A213 and the 40 ( north of Casselman)  is brutal (even for this time of year - even the shoulders north of it are bad).

Looks like many new riders - hand signals were only displayed about 50% of the time.  Many single riders out Sunday.

Looks like some of the trail number signage is better this year - thank you to the clubs and volunteers.

Next weekend may ride down towards Cornwall.