L143 trail

sledride43

Does anybody know the status of trail L143 ( shin. tree to timmins) ?

Also, any news on trails closed in Sudbury area (closed for year)

thank you

Call Three Bears, they'll be able to tell you for sure! What specific trails are you talking about in the Sudbury area, I know there was a few in Hanmer area that are closed and North of Capreol.

Ways around these trails though, but I'm not sure about the water crossings.

:twisted:

The Sudbury trails all closed after the rain event. They are slowly starting to reopen as conditions allow. We still have a lot of water everywhere and the swamps still have not froze. We need some extended cold weather. The OFSC / D12 (Sudbury Area) trails update are upkept on a daily basis by the STP.

I believe L143 is open this year, it is still on the map, just no gas at the sawmill anymore.

I believe L143 is open this year, it is still on the map, just no gas at the sawmill anymore.

You need to be able to do exactly 100 miles from Shining Tree to Timmins on one gas tank!!

I love that trail!!! :P

Once you hit the south end of Timmins, how's the signage?

A few years back coming in from the east, we had a heck of a time finding our way. Luckily I had visited friends in Timmins in the past & had an idea where we were in relation to the river & was able to find our way to the Travelodge.

Hi I just called shining tree and she said the trail L143 is closed for the year and the other trails are open,but they are still putting signs up. so whatever that means .

we are trying to plan a trip starting wednesday the 23rd somewhere up there trying to figure out the best place to start . North Bay ??? or New Liskeard???? also trying to figure out if it is possible to go to Val-Dor from New Liskeard in a days ride ????

zrtkat

I guess this is answered on TATA's site, closed this year do to logging.

Too bad, it is one of my favourite trails in that region.

Hi I just called shining tree and she said the trail L143 is closed for the year and the other trails are open,but they are still putting signs up. so whatever that means .

we are trying to plan a trip starting wednesday the 23rd somewhere up there trying to figure out the best place to start . North Bay ??? or New Liskeard???? also trying to figure out if it is possible to go to Val-Dor from New Liskeard in a days ride ????

zrtkat

+new liskeard to v'aldor easy 8hr ride easy 8-)

I guess this is answered on TATA's site, closed this year do to logging.

Too bad, it is one of my favourite trails in that region.

I guess we'll be taking TOP C from Timmins down to Shining Tree then.

Is gas still available @ Mattagami?

Archived