Hornepayne Hotel 2023

Mrs Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Be great for all those seasonal contract workers. Hopefully be a few rooms left for traveling sledders too. Take some pressure off Hearst and white river lodgings no doubt. 

When was the last time you heard anyone say they couldn't get a room in Hearst? Maybe not their 1st choice spot, but my old memory can't remember when I last heard there was no rooms available in Hearst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Likely b/c no-one plans to stay there anymore?

Given it's location, most folks would likely ride from Wawa, or at least Dubreaulville to Hearst, and then skirt the top tomorrow anyway - even if the Centre Inn was still there.

Add to the fact that The Centre is NOT there anymore, even those that would have stayed there, just plan to make the extra push.

If you are riding trails, it's only what - 3 hours or so to the next town.

Personally I have stayed at the Centre Inn many times, but not been into Hornepayne since long before the Inn was demolished. 

I for one think it's great a smaller community like Hornepayne is trying to do things to improve the town. Anything that brings in more opportunity to the locals is a good thing, and it helps with the sport of snowmobiling as well. More options then Riverside Cabins and Uncles in town,  for a spot to stay..some will like this. 👍.. I welcome initiatives like this..

• Like 4

17 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

When was the last time you heard anyone say they couldn't get a room in Hearst? Maybe not their 1st choice spot, but my old memory can't remember when I last heard there was no rooms available in Hearst.

I been out of luck several times. Once I was able to reverse direction of the big loop to get a room in Hearst. Otherwise have to ride from kap to dub, which isn’t much fun on a cold northern day. 
New spot will be a welcome addition since it gives snowmobiles more choices. Some will choose to explore dub and  wawa areas more and end up thier for the night. Then kap is an easy ride or some will go back to Timmins as well, from hornepayne.  Not too far if C trail is open. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I been out of luck several times. Once I was able to reverse direction of the big loop to get a room in Hearst. Otherwise have to ride from kap to dub, which isn’t much fun on a cold northern day. 
New spot will be a welcome addition since it gives snowmobiles more choices. Some will choose to explore dub and  wawa areas more and end up thier for the night. Then kap is an easy ride or some will go back to Timmins as well, from hornepayne.  Not too far if C trail is open. 

You need to start planning and reservations earlier methinks.

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, Turbo Doo said:

I for one think it's great a smaller community like Hornepayne is trying to do things to improve the town. Anything that brings in more opportunity to the locals is a good thing, and it helps with the sport of snowmobiling as well. More options then Riverside Cabins and Uncles in town,  for a spot to stay..some will like this. 👍.. I welcome initiatives like this..

I agree.  I have not stopped and stayed to explore local loops since the Centre Inn Days.  Been through Hornepayne countless times, but since the 4 Stevens changed have not made Hornepayne a food destination other than a quick bite while passing. This will create more interest for staying and spending a day local riding.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I agree.  I have not stopped and stayed to explore local loops since the Centre Inn Days.  Been through Hornepayne countless times, but since the 4 Stevens changed have not made Hornepayne a food destination other than a quick bite while passing. This will create more interest for staying and spending a day local riding.

Well said..