Electric Sled

ontariof7

Perhaps we maybe dining with Elon himself at a local family restaurant or greeting him in the parking lot of a small motel.

https://taigamotors.ca/snowmobiles/

• Haha 1

It only has a 140 km range , what do I do with the 23 hrs left in the day. And it says 0 maintenance o really no belts to adjust , track adjustments etc. Does sled do it al by itself ?????:shock:

8 minutes ago, gobills said:

I could see these working for touring outfits in Quebec.  The ones who only go for half day adventures or all day but they go extremely slow and not very far.

My thoughts.

These are getting close.  Get the range up to 250 km and then it's on par (maybe better) with every gas powered sled on the market.  Charging infrastructure is being built.  Not as fast as needed, but it's coming if you do your homework.  There is more chargers available than most would realise.  I think the watercraft makes a lot of sense for cottagers on inland lakes (ie. Ontario cottage country).

Most days I ride in the 100 to 180 km range from home. An electric sled would have distinct possibilities, especially if it were to be manufactured by one of the experienced sledmakers.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1