Doing the big loop

bpjr502

We are going to do this big loop. We have been to some of the areas before, but just curious if there is anything we must ride, must see, must do, or place that we should stay at.

Thanks!!

123.PNG

• Like 1

make sure you have scratchers, towns, roads, bypasses are getting thin, in areas. ride safe, watch the weather, early spring riding in effect. have fun. Ski

• Like 2

We went thru Wawa & luckily the weather cooperated to allow a visit to the lookout.

X2 on the gas station & motel lots being iffy. I just finished the loop (check my GBL thread in the main forum) & the worst sections of trail were west of the teepee to Hwy 101 on C101D between Timmins & Foleyet. Plowed w/ only a bit of snow. Same @ the 'top' of the D108A detour just south of the Kabi crossing.

All other trails were in great shape. Have a fun & safe trip!

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, revrnd said:

We went thru Wawa & luckily the weather cooperated to allow a visit to the lookout.

X2 on the gas station & motel lots being iffy. I just finished the loop (check my GBL thread in the main forum) & the worst sections of trail were west of the teepee to Hwy 101 on C101D between Timmins & Foleyet. Plowed w/ only a bit of snow. Same @ the 'top' of the D108A detour just south of the Kabi crossing.

where is your "GBL" thread? the main club house forum? Im new...lol thanks

1 hour ago, bpjr502 said:

where is your "GBL" thread? the main club house forum? Im new...lol thanks

Yes 

Welcome to OC :wavey:

Visited w/ some MI OCers & chatted w/ 3 guys from OH when we were in D'ville.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 6:19 PM, revrnd said:

You can use wawa 5 and back track on wawa lake to get a bite to eat and fuel if needed. The D sucks thru town when weather warms up. 
That section was plowed when I was thru a few years ago too. That time there was enough snow still on side of road and we did south loop first, since it was third week of March. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

12 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

You can use wawa 5 and back track on wawa lake to get a bite to eat and fuel if needed. The D sucks thru town when weather warms up. 
That section was plowed when I was thru a few years ago too. That time there was enough snow still on side of road and we did south loop first, since it was third week of March. 

That WAS the plan to avoid Wawa initially. Most sleds should be able to make it from D'ville to HH via the Magpie & #5 w/o fuelling issues. It's 157 klicks on the ITG.