Trail mileage(White River /Wawa/D'ville)

30cal4me

Trying to plan a trip. Could someone tell me the distance by trail from White River to Wawa. Please indicate which route(western "D" loop or Magpie Res.)

Also what is the distance from Wawa to D'ville if you go through Hawk Junction?

Thanks in advance

Trying to plan a trip. Could someone tell me the distance by trail from White River to Wawa. Please indicate which route(western "D" loop or Magpie Res.)

Also what is the distance from Wawa to D'ville if you go through Hawk Junction?

Thanks in advance

White River to Wawa following the 'D' trail is about 120 miles.

Wawa to to D'ville by way of Hawk Junction is about 95 miles.

ENJOY !!

think that crazy mouse had a typo.

wawa to dub via hawk is about 55 miles

dub to white river is about 75 miles.

white river to wawa via the magpie would be approx 115 miles (maybe alittle more if you get confused on the trail and the water)

when mo and john were opened we would run from the nl to white river down the magpie without going to dub and it was 99 miles. then to tack on the non short cut trail to wawa was about another 25 miles. ski

A question bro (30cal4me) didn't ask, is a 230 mile/368 klick ride from Geraldton to White River possible in a day? We haven't ridden west of D'ville or Hornepayne before. We know the terrain is different from the Corridor where a day like that is easy. Just wondering if the trails are groomed would that be a long, difficult day or not.

rev, the geraldton to white river should be a great days ride as long as the weather and grooming is on your side, and you get an early start. the terrain isnt like marathon west. it is similar to the hornepayne to manitouwadge as far as terrain goes, not as open as wawa/dub to hornepayne. some open country, some tight forrests, nothing overly demanding. the tightest trail we encountered was the geraldton to longlac lots of curves and low speeds. but it is only about 25-30 miles. we really like that area for offtrail exploring. ski

I am going to give you my opinion on the Geraldton to White River trail. I am going to tell you, I have did this leg twice, and you are going to be getting in late, late if you try to go that many miles on that side! We usually go from Geraldton to Gravel River and stay there. This is just my 2 cents, But I would not try going that far if it were me.

white river to wawa via the magpie would be approx 115 miles (maybe alittle more if you get confused on the trail and the water)

when mo and john were opened we would run from the nl to white river down the magpie without going to dub and it was 99 miles. then to tack on the non short cut trail to wawa was about another 25 miles. ski

hey ski i'm pretty sure it's under 100 miles to white running the magpie, been a while since i've done it, but used to do it on old sleds that didn't get the mileage that we get now.

magpie is only about 10 miles from wawa

gord, i was adding in a few just to be safe for our new travelers LOL! when we gonna get together for a back country ride?

vipers, i believe they are talking about running from geraldton, to longlac, then to manitouwadge then to white river. alot shorter run than what you are thinking. or i am mistaken on their plans and then you would be right.

threadjack over, now back to your regularly threaded programing. ski

vipers, i believe they are talking about running from geraldton, to longlac, then to manitouwadge then to white river. alot shorter run than what you are thinking. or i am mistaken on their plans and then you would be right.

That's right vipers. Our intent is to go from Geraldton thru Longlac and Manitouwadge, ending the day in White River. One female (my wife) in the group. She's a good rider and has gone with us on all of my northern trips and some of my brothers'(revrnd). Her only downfall is a little too much complaining when the trails start to get nasty.

Archived